Is this thing on?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
(I tried uploading a funny animated gif here, but it turned out to be too large to be uploaded. I guess the upload limits are unchanged from before. So please do your part and imagine a very funny gif.)

Just testing the new forum software a little bit. Apart from some minor stuff here and there, it seems to be mostly the same. Which is good, as far as I'm concerned - I never had a problem with the previous version of the forum. The new look is nice though, looks a bit more modern.

Oh, I forgot - it seems to me that the new version is quite a bit faster. :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Test: 432 KB (442.368 byte)
bday-370.gif

So the maximum size, 500kb, doesn't seem to have changed.
Note: I have NOT used the "Attach files" button, just dragged the gif here.

Edit: tested also using "Attach files" and it works.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
tested also using "Attach files" and it works.
YUP but if you use Attach Files then the dialogue supported files selector does not show MP4, AVI, etc so am looking for a video converter (well good luck with that and a free one...)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
YUP but if you use Attach Files then the dialogue supported files selector does not show MP4, AVI, etc so am looking for a video converter (well good luck with that and a free one...)
I often use this one (very good, I think):
https://ezgif.com/video-to-gif

I don't think that before the new update it was possible to attach a video file, at most a link, and this is still possible:
1577583661051.png

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Yes I found that one earlier today and used it. Worked quickly as an online operation I thought. But I also had not realised that my final product was going to be too large.

Will have to hunt the link down its an old one so, the media inserter wants a link url.

Anyway, thanks for the info-assist.

Best wishes.
Is that @Erel? - >