Android Question Issue with xCustomListView showing a panel with a border

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an xCustomListView which displays various panels. These panels are set to have a border round them.

If I set the vertical anchor of one of these views to top & bottom, when it is displayed in the xCLV the bottom border is cut off.

I can work around it by manually resizing the panel within the xCLV panel but that seems like an extra step that maybe I shouldn't have to take. Setting padding values doesn't seem to have any effect.

Capture.PNG

Test project attached to demonstrate my issue. Have I missed something? Is this unavoidable and I should just stick to the workaround?

TIA!

Attachments

• Project.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 58

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
As @LucaMs said (while I was testing) the problem is in the designer.
The bottom anchor should be 10 from the bottom. Yours is 300. Make a variant or simply drag the bottom to achieve that.

Upvote 0

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
As @LucaMs said (while I was testing) the problem is in the designer.
The bottom anchor should be 10 from the bottom. Yours is 300. Make a variant or simply drag the bottom to achieve that.
Also works perfectly - Just dragging the panel to the bottom of the designer.

And this is why the B4X forum is the best!

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I never once thought about changing the varient!
I really don't think you need to mess with the variant size. If you make the label and the panel with upper anchors only. No bottom anchors, you will see the bottom border. The problem is the top and bottom anchors of the label.

Upvote 0