iOS Question ITMS-91053: Missing API declaration

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.

Today I uploaded my app and received this email. It looks like this isi something new.
My app is using a document picker.

App Store Connect
Hello,
We noticed one or more issues with a recent submission for App Store review for the following app:​
  • HCMS-EVV
  • Version 2.0.36
  • Build 2.0.36

Although submission for App Store review was successful, you may want to correct the following issues in your next submission for App Store review. Once you've corrected the issues, upload a new binary to App Store Connect.
ITMS-91053: Missing API declaration - Your app’s code in the “HCMS-EVV” file references one or more APIs that require reasons, including the following API categories: NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategoryFileTimestamp. While no action is required at this time, starting May 1, 2024, when you upload a new app or app update, you must include a NSPrivacyAccessedAPITypes array in your app’s privacy manifest to provide approved reasons for these APIs used by your app’s code. For more details about this policy, including a list of required reason APIs and approved reasons for usage, visit: https://developer.apple.com/documen...t_files/describing_use_of_required_reason_api.
Apple Developer Relations​

Last edited:

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
I uploaded a test with the file "PrivacyInfo.xcprivacy" today and everything seems to be OK.
I only got the standard info from Apple.

PrivacyInfo.xcprivacy:
B4X:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<!--
   PrivacyInfo.xcprivacy
-->
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
 <key>NSPrivacyAccessedAPITypes</key>
 <array>
  <dict>
   <key>NSPrivacyAccessedAPIType</key>
   <string>NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategoryFileTimestamp</string>
   <key>NSPrivacyAccessedAPITypeReasons</key>
   <array>
    <string>C617.1</string>
   </array>
  </dict>
  <dict>
   <string>NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategoryDiskSpace</string>
   <array>
    <string>7D9E.1</string>
   </array>
  </dict>
  <dict>
   <string>NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategoryUserDefaults</string>
   <array>
    <string>CA92.1</string>
   </array>
  </dict>
  <dict>
   <string>NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategorySystemBootTime</string>
   <array>
    <string>35F9.1</string>
   </array>
  </dict>
 </array>
</dict>
</plist>

E-Mail:
what I have noticed that the missing declaration appears nit when you submit an app to testflight but when you submit it to review

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
what I have noticed that the missing declaration appears nit when you submit an app to testflight but when you submit it to review
When exactly?

Is it a separate mail, other than the one with the "missing push entitlement"? This one is sent after you upload a build. You don't need to actually submit it for review.

I've now submitted the update for review. Lets see...

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
When exactly?

Is it a separate mail, other than the one with the "missing push entitlement"? This one is sent after you upload a build. You don't need to actually submit it for review.

I've now submitted the update for review. Lets see...
I needed it to be LIve that's why I sent it to Review and in 5 minutes later I received this email.
The problem was that the manifest file was saved as PrivacyInfo.xcprivacy.txt

Then I made correction, sent the update with the manifest name PrivacyInfo.xcprivacy and it was Ok

Upvote 0

Alessandro71

Licensed User
Longtime User
NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategoryFileTimestamp - (I'm actually using File.LastModified in my log management module)
NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategoryDiskSpace - (unknown reason)
NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategoryUserDefaults - (unknown reason)
1711796490503.png

Upvote 0