B4J Question Jdrc 2 load question

John Decowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone done any load testing on jdrc? I'm developing an app that uses a cloud database for all inquiries. I need to know a. If anyone has determined how many unique requests 1 sever instance can handle(mysql database). B. If i were to load test my self how would one go about it ?

Thanks in advance
John

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0

John Decowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Appreciate the fast response. Any idea how many unique users will be mathematically able to access each server simultaneously? I'm sorry, network logistics isn't my specialty.
Thank you

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Any idea how many unique users will be mathematically able to access each server simultaneously?
From the previous testing I have done (on a local 1Gb network), I saturated the network without really causing jRDC2 to sweat. So your bottleneck may be network connection, not the performance of jRDC2 itself.

Upvote 0

John Decowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
From the previous testing I have done (on a local 1Gb network), I saturated the network without really causing jRDC2 to sweat. So your bottleneck may be network connection, not the performance of jRDC2 itself.
Thank you for your reply, I'm planning on building an app for personal finance. The database will be accessed (hopefully) from tens of thousands of people. I understand I will need to scale up eventually with load balancing. The database server will be cloud hosted on at least a 1 gigabit server. I was more of less just making sure what I needed to do to allow many unique connections at a time.

Upvote 0