Android Question jRDC2 - B4J implementation

Kiumbe

Licensed User
After downloading jRDC2, where do i put the folder(jRDC2) under Linux OS hosting my DB. How do i enable or start the server for my app to start sending sql commands for processing.

Kiumbe

Licensed User
Thanks Jose for your reply, Have gone through the steps but still am confused, while tryng out the example on implementing jRDC2 on my test project. Am not able to interpret this part below;
Server configuration

1. Add the relevant JDBC jar file to the additional libraries folder. - I assume this is on the windows PC with B4A, on linux...?
2. Add a reference to this jar with: - The reference will be added on which file? Is it the B4A program or the jRDC2, Their is JDBC jar file and the jRDC2, am lost which is which? What goes to ubuntu server and what goes to the B4A platform

Upvote 0

Kiumbe

Licensed User
jRDC2 is a B4J program. DBRequestManager class is added to the client project (B4A in your case).
Thanks Erel, for DBRequestManager class am okay with it, I have already added it through B4A interface on my project. What is confusing me is the jRDC2 folder when it comes to linux ubuntu server that hosts MySQL DB.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What is confusing me is the jRDC2 folder when it comes to linux ubuntu server that hosts MySQL DB.

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Server configuration
"Server configuration" here means the B4J app, the jRDC2 server (it will be a .jar when it be compiled). Not the server which is goint to run it (maybe a windows server, an ubuntu server, etc... )
In this case, just copy the .jar to the server and run it, following the instructions in the post DonManfred and I have posted. Regarding the folder...

Upvote 0

Kiumbe

Licensed User
"Server configuration" here means the B4J app, the jRDC2 server (it will be a .jar when it be compiled). Not the server which is goint to run it (maybe a windows server, an ubuntu server, etc... )
In this case, just copy the .jar to the server and run it, following the instructions in the post DonManfred and I have posted. Regarding the folder...

Thats good guidance, am able to run the jRDC server and localhost shows RemoteServer is running (10/05/2021 09:44:41) . Does it mean that when I compile the jRDC jar file, it will also package the jdbc drivers for mysql or i will have to install the jdbc drivers on the production server?

Upvote 0

Kiumbe

Licensed User
you have to add them to the server too. They are not part of your jar-file.
I think if we add them on the server such as Linux, it may cause path to file errors as I have tested running the jRDC2 with wrong jdbc driver reference(#AdditionalJar: mysql-connector-java-7.1.27-bin) and the jRDC2 server generates an error showing no file on C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_171\bin\javac.exe which is a windows path. When installed on Linux the path will definitely change.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hummm, not sure if this is right. I just copy my .jar file, I don't remember having to add the jdbc drivers to my server.
One need to add
B4X:
    #MergeLibraries: true
to the project. In this case the additional jars are included in the jar.

This is not the default i guess.

Upvote 0

Kiumbe

Licensed User
One need to add
B4X:
    #MergeLibraries: true
to the project. In this case the additional jars are included in the jar.

This is not the default i guess.
oooh Thanks Don, have checked my jRDC2 B4J file, it has #MergeLibraries: True. Think this will then bundle the jdbc driver for use on Linux Server too.

Upvote 0