Android Question JRDC2 Map parameters to stored procedures

makis_best

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.

I have a B4A client connected to JRDC2 server and MSSQL.
Is there any way we can pass from B4A map variables through jrdc2 to stored procedures?

Thank you.

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have an example of a pure MS SQL feature you are trying to emulate via jRDC2 and maps?

Upvote 0

makis_best

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @aeric
I already use it that way.
I want to know if I can pass maps cuz the size of value is to big to send with string

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to know if I can pass maps cuz the size of value is to big to send with string
Since jRDC2 uses parameterized queries, and the parameters that are sent to jRDC2 are serialized (via B4XSerializator), what makes you think the value is too big? Too big to sent to jRDC2? Too big for MS SQL to handle? Where does the limitation come from?

Edit: to vs too. Need more coffee...

Upvote 0

makis_best

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since jRDC2 uses parameterized queries, and the parameters that are sent to jRDC2 are serialized (via B4XSerializator), what makes you think the value is too big? Too big to sent to jRDC2? Too big for MS SQL to handle? Where does the limitation come from?

Edit: to vs too. Need more coffee...

To big for jRDC2 to handle

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To big for jRDC2 to handle
Now my curiosity is piqued. How big is your string? Can you provide an example of a MS SQL stored procedure that would process such a big string?

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

makis_best

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know the result of my client app will be a map with very long strings
and I want to know if JRDC2 can handle that kind of maps

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4XSerializator should. You still need to modify jRDC2 to receive the map and process it in such a way so that you can pass the info into the stored procedure. When you get this done, would be nice if you can do a write up on how you did it. Others may be intrigued in such functionality (passing B4X maps to MS SQL stored procedures)

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
@makis_best Why don't you use a vb.net web service directly in IIS and pass there in XML all the values in a string. I would create a json in b4a, URL encode it and send it in a string of the web service. On vb.net side, I would UrlDecode it (Uri.UnescapeDatastring), deserialize it (in a dictionary = map in b4a) and get all the values - no problem. I suppose you can do the same with the jRDC2 but I have never used it so I am not in a position to express any suggestions for it.

In vb.net there is built in way to use stored procedures with parameters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

makis_best

Licensed User
Longtime User
@makis_best Why don't you use a vb.net web service directly in IIS and pass there in XML all the values in a string. I would create a json in b4a, URL encode it and send it in a string of the web service. On vb.net side, I would UrlDecode it (Uri.UnescapeDatastring), deserialize it (in a dictionary = map in b4a) and get all the values - no problem. I suppose you can do the same with the jRDC2 but I have never used it so I am not in a position to express any suggestions for it.

In vb.net there is built in way to use stored procedures with parameters.
It is also a very good idea.
I haven't think about it cuz all the time I use JRDC2 for that kind of connections.
I check... Thanks

Upvote 0

makis_best

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't want to make it complicated...
I just ask for some opinions.
My scale balance to jServer my self also.

Upvote 0