B4J Question jStringUtils 101

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by melliott, Apr 2, 2015.

1. melliott

melliott Member Licensed User

Hello,

Margrets JStringFunctions looks really impressive! I have to be missing something basic in trying out some of its functions. I can see and have jStringUtils (version: 1.00) enabled the from the Libs tab.

I want to use the simple Encrypt()\Decrypt() functions. I am not sure how to Dim the owning object. I thought maybe it is the "StringUtils" but when I do a Dim su as StringUtils I dont see a method to use Encrypt()\Decrypt()?

There is one I noticed using jB4XEncryption and Dim bc As B4XCipher but that is not the object\method I want to use.

EDIT1: Maybe JStringFunctions and jStringUtils are not the same. Do I need to download anything to use the JStringFunctions?

EDIT2: I cannot dim a JStringFunctions object\variable as some tutorials show. Example: Dim strings as JStringFunctions.

I must be missing something really basic. What can you recommend?

Thanks,

Michael

P.S. With all these really nice Libs I wish the documentation included more examples.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  2. melliott

melliott Member Licensed User

My bad. I had to download Margaret's beta library and then refresh the Libs tab.

I hope this post saves someone else the many hours it took me to figure out this simple thing. Ugg!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice