B4J Library jSystemTray - Add icons to the system tray (notifications)

With this library you can add system tray icons and handle their events.

This is useful for applications that should run in the background and still allow the user to interact with.

SS-2014-02-06_10.50.47.png

Tray icons have two events: DoubleClick and MenuClick. The menu appears when the user right clicks on the icon.

Usually when the user closes the last form the process exits. The process will however keep running if there is at least one visible tray icon.

This library is an internal library now. If you don't see it in the IDE then you can download it here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/updates-to-internal-libaries.48274/#post-441231

Attachments

• SystemTrayExample.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 2,064
Last edited:

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, misunderstood you: you meant ALL Windows (including the other Win Windows).
This works also NOT @ me

lymey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, very useful!
Is there a way to show the menu when you right click on the minimized icon in the status bar rather than the system tray?

lymey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perhaps I am not explaining this well.

An example would be to right click on the Firefox icon in the task bar when it is minimized - you will see the most frequently used pages (as you do with B4J), BUT in addition you have 'Task options' that allow you to open a new tab, window or private window.
With Google Chrome you see 'Most visited', 'Recently closed', and once again 'Tasks' with similar options and with Skype you see 'Tasks' with the options to sign out and quit.

Tyler

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to make the MainForm show by clicking and "open" option from right clicking the tray icon?

matek

Licensed User
Hello
I have a question, how to close icon tray when I close the application's window? What to do to minimize the application to tray

matek

Licensed User
thank you Erel. I have another question, how to make the application after minimizing will be not in the taskbar but it will be only in tray

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
How can I detect MouseEnter, MoveMove, MouseLeave in Trayicon? As a last option I am thinking of storing the mouse position at mouseclick and if the mouse leaves the specified zone it will act like a virtual event. But it would be easier if there's an event for this.