Android Question Keep BLE Connection Alive

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all, I'm a little confused with the new Receiver Modules, if I understand correctly we should not user Receiver modules as they will not work with Android 12.

I am working on an app that connects with a BLE device, so my question is the following:

I need to maintain the BLE connection Alive as I move from one page to the next, my question is the this: Should I use a service to initialize the BLE connection so that the device can remain connected, or should I use a Receiver Module, if I need a Receiver, how do I start the Receiver module and what is the text I need to insert in the manifest file. Please note that I am not looking to keep the BLE connection alive in the background or anything like that, I only need the BLE connection to keep alive during the time the user is using the app, but I need to move between different pages to write and read different data from the BLE device.

Thanks,
Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are some inaccuracies in your post, however the answer is very simple - switch to B4XPages and forget about all such issues. The pages are never paused.
What are the inaccuracies exactly Erel?

Walter

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all, I'm a little confused with the new Receiver Modules, if I understand correctly we should not user Receiver modules as they will not work with Android 12.
I guess that you meant services. This is however also not accurate as their are still cases where you should use services.

Upvote 0