Share My Creation Keep your codes

Thanks to her grandchildren, my neighbor can handle an Android phone well. Now she asked me to make something that would allow her to keep all her secrets in code. She just wanted a blank page where she can fill in whatever she wants and save it with a code.
And then she doesn't want any connection to the internet because her grandson warned her about it.
I made this app with B4X (see attachment) and she now uses it after consultation with her grandchildren.
In the end I found it useful for myself as well. But for myself i added a list view.
The encryption is simple: just an edit of the bytes with the password or PIN. I wouldn't know how to crack this but I'm no expert on this. I don't expect this from the B4X community either, but I still have problems with the correct functions in B4X. Does anyone see improvements in my app?
For example, I would like to use the Content Chooser, but I can't handle it.

Attachments

• FastCodes.zip
    62 KB · Views: 181

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
(Just a thought: Perhaps also have a discussion with your neighbor on what to do if/when her phone is stolen or stops functioning. It could be a personal tragedy for her if she stored some very important info in the app and that info disappeared when the phone stopped being available.)

yeroen

Licensed User
Longtime User
(Just a thought: Perhaps also have a discussion with your neighbor on what to do if/when her phone is stolen or stops functioning. It could be a personal tragedy for her if she stored some very important info in the app and that info disappeared when the phone stopped being available.)
Yes this remains a problem. But I think this problem is independent of the use of apps.
My neighbor should save a copy in the Cloud. But she doesn't really want this.

yeroen

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Encryption is quite simple with B4XEncryption.
2. The most complete example based on ContentChooser is this one: [B4X] TextEditor - Save and load external files
Thanks Erel. In B4A i now use the -ContentChooser- to let the user open a file. And i use -SaveAs- to let the user save a file. This seems to work good.
In B4J i just use the -FileHandler- for B4J.
See attachment.

Attachments

• FileHandlerB4A.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 144