iOS Question keyChain password error

mitsusdev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Community
i've follow this tutorial https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/creating-a-certificate-and-provisioning-profile.45880/.
I've successfully create certificates and b4i work great.

Now i've tried to work with my MacBook using xCode, but when i launch an app for load into my iPhone xCode show this Error (Certificate Missing Private Key).
I've follow Apple instructions and i've tried to export account on my MAC, but when i click on Save Button i see a PopUp that show a request for KeyChain of Beta180 user (the user on b4i on my windows PC).

I've tried to insert password that i've stored when i've create CSR on B4i, but it fail.

Url image: http://postimg.org/image/yhvxrvbdt/

In addition if i try to export .ipa app (always using xCode)...when xCode try to sign App, i see the same problem, xCode want KeyChain password for Beta180 user.

Url Image: http://postimg.org/image/3mz4bvmcb/

I'm desperate please can someone help me? Thanks to all

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This has happened to me as well (more than once). On my Mac I get a KeyChain error indicating my B4i Remote user.

In order to sort it out, I start "playing around" with the various certificates (deleting and creating new ones) and then I get it sorted but honestly I don't remember what steps I do(did) so next time I start "playing again" :)

Once I created new profiles, I must go into project settings in Xcode and change certificates in the building part...

I also would like to know:
-what happens and which circumstances creates this error in Xcode?
-how can this be avoided?
-what is the exact procedure to resolve it?

Upvote 0

mitsusdev

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a community forum. Please don't limit your questions to a single member.

The images are broken.

Why do you need to open the apps with Xcode?
Ok sorry,
i've change my post.
Image urls work fine, i've tried its now.

I don't want open b4i apps with xCode, i want use xCode because i want to learn to develop into swift native language.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, me too. I see this in xCode (not always) when I want to develop in Swift (not for opening B4i projects in xCode).

Upvote 0

mitsusdev

Licensed User
Longtime User
I recommend you to create a new certificate and provision file for Xcode and use one set for B4i and one set for Xcode.
Hi,
i'm not able to create another development certificate.
Apple permit me only one certificate.
Now i have an development and one distribution certificate.
Plus symbol for add another development certicate is disable.
How can i do this?

Upvote 0

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also have this issue but for those Xcode, mac, certificates, keychain, etc... are very unfamiliar for me so I'm still not changing anything yet because I'm worry it will cause trouble for my current B4I projects if I'm doing something wrong...

Later I should spend some time to fix this issue but now I prefer to spend my time on my B4I projects :p

Upvote 0

mitsusdev

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can have two certificates for each type. You can revoke unused certificates.

B4i doesn't require a development certificate so you can use whichever certificate you like with B4i.

Hi,
i've follow your Advice. I've revoke all development certificate and i've create one directly from my MAC and one with CSR generate from B4i, but i'm not able to export application (from xCode) for permit tests with iPhone of my friend....xCode ask me to import my Apple Developer profile, but i'm not able to export it because it ask me Betaxxx keychain password.

Another problem. I want publish an App on Store (always from xCode) and when i try to do this i've this error

the same as before...xCode ask me to import my Apple Developer profile, but i'm not able to export it because it ask me Betaxxx keychain password...always.

Upvote 0