Android Question keystore file problem

Startup

Licensed User
Longtime User
I follow Erel's tutorial to create a Private Sign Key for my APK file. However after filling out the form when I press "OK" I get an error "Error creating keystore file .... Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512m keytool error:java.io.IOException: Incorrect AVA format". What should I do to avoid this error and be able to create the Private Sign Key?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
did you use comma or any other special char which need to be escaped in name (firtname, organisation, country)?

You tried to use special characters while exporting apk.You can't use these special characters in any field shown while creating the apk. The special character set includes:

• Commas (,)
  • Addition symbol (+)
  • Quotation mark (")
  • Back-slash ("\")
  • Angled brackets("<" and ">")
  • Semi-colon (";")

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rob_Wood

Licensed User
Longtime User
I too have this problem. attached is a file showing my entries. any suggestions?

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-21_17-46-9.png
    upload_2016-12-21_17-46-9.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 435
  • error1.png
    error1.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 510
  • error2.png
    error2.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 462
Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you try with a space between your first and last names?

Upvote 0

Rob_Wood

Licensed User
Longtime User
This problem solved by Right click the folder where Key was created and Properties securities and allow the folder to eliminate modal message for write. Simple. Sorry I asked for help on such a simple problem. This is a problem with Windows 10 as it pops a modal message every time you want to write unless you change properties. I had problem for B4I. Corrected in properties/Security.

Thanks
Bob

Upvote 0