Kindle Fire layout issues

magicuser68

Licensed User
Longtime User
The posts for kindle fire are kinda old, so I was hoping someone who had success would be able to help me.

I have a simple app that has buttons, labels and a background image.

When I run the app on the Kindle Fire Emulator the dreaded soft menu removes 40 pixels of the screen. If I control-f11 2 times its perfect, so i know about the bug, I just need a solution.

Has anyone solved this problems via the designer? If so what is your layout.

Has anyone solved this with code in the activity? If so can you give me a snippet?

I have 4 apps and only 1 of them has been accepted, been trying for over a month, any help would make my day.

Thanks,

- Scott

magicuser68

Licensed User
Longtime User

Attachments

• spiral.jpg
    spiral.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Upvote 0

magicuser68

Licensed User
Longtime User
So, I used your layout you suggested, it kinda works.

The problem is that black void at the bottom where the soft keys would be located. If I change orientation it fixes itself.

Is there anyway to reload the layout once the soft keys are hidden? or any other tricks?

Thanks again almost there I can feel it

Upvote 0

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you run your app on the real device and it is started from the home screen, that blank area will not be there. This seems to be an issue with their OS. It also sounds as though their SDK is working like the real device would be loading the app from the apps panel. I never found a way around this and have not had any issues of customers contacting us about this probem. I think almost everyone starts their app from the home screen.

Upvote 0