Android Question Layout Design Question

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there!

I am a Delphi programmer, and I use Firemonkey framework a lot.

The form edito is somewhat like in B4A, but there are a lot of possibilities.

My major problem with B4A is not to have what is called "Layout" (class TLayout") that we have in Delphi Firemonkey (In Delphi VCL we use panels)

This object is a visual helper that works like DIV in html, you can use it to align to the screen based on top, left, botton, right, center, client, etc... and using many of then you can make your screen to be very adaptable to any dimension without all the trouble of calculating things.

Just like in HTML.

I might be missing this on B4A after all these years of use, but I could not find a way to work the same. It is so hard to me to create nice and simple forms like i can do in Delphi and HTML.

Any guidance?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You have the designer script to adjust views, also the anchors are quite helpful, and you can also use relative percentage values like 100%x

Upvote 0

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
You have the designer script to adjust views, also the anchors are quite helpful, and you can also use relative percentage values like 100%x
I do use scripts a lot, but this kind of "layouts" like the HTML DIV is much much simpler.... wondering if there is something like that

Upvote 0