Android Question Lazy loading demo jerky scrolling?

SayCheese

Licensed User

Attachments

• cardview_lazyloading.zip
    115 KB · Views: 110

SayCheese

Licensed User
It still isn't smooth. My phone has a sd625/3gb of memory. On a sd625/4gb it didn't run smoother either. But a sd660/4gb i just tested, it did run smooth.

Upvote 0

SayCheese

Licensed User
It's a Xiaomi Redmi A2 lite. I never have issues with jerkiness or stutters on this phone.
The Video is too big to upload for the server although it's only 3 mb

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SayCheese

Licensed User
On the video perhaps it's not that obvious. I didn't want to scroll harder because I didn't know if it was recorded well.

Edit: I shot a better one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SayCheese

Licensed User
1. To me it looks really bad. A sd625 is very well capable delivering a fluid experience. I don't think that's the issue.
2. I understand that a 1000 item list isn't practical. But lists grow over time and when the user decides not to filter when displaying the whole list for what ever reason, it's a good thing I don't have to worry about performance issues. It was just that Listview and Ultimate Listview do deliver a smooth experience.

I will make another question for having columns in a listview as you mentioned before. I already tried that but I couldn't get it right without monospacetyped fonts which makes it a lot easier of course.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a difference between a list with 1000 items and a list with 1000 cards. The cards are relatively tall and hold a more complex layout.
BTW, you should try to decrease ExtraSize in the visible range changed event to 1 or 2. It can help.

There is never a good reason to add 1000 cards to a list. You should instead start with a shorter list and add more items if the user ever reaches its end (there is an event for this case).
It was just that Listview and Ultimate Listview do deliver a smooth experience.
ListView is not relevant as it doesn't support such layouts. If ULV works better for you then you should use it.

Upvote 0

SayCheese

Licensed User
There is never a good reason to add 1000 cards to a list
Perhaps I don't understand the card-principle, but if I want a somewhat more complex layout as a listview-layout, you could call it a card isn't it?
If ULV works better for you then you should use it.
In the testproject I provided in my 'android question' the events of ULV are not triggered but no one seems to have the answer. So that's no option although the ULV is very powerful. I guess CLV is the only option.

Upvote 0

SayCheese

Licensed User
Last edited:
Upvote 0