iOS Question legality of IOS on virtual box

le_toubib

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
As Far as I recall Apple have release a version of iOS free of charge, the q is: is it illegal to use an iOS on oracle virtualbox to upload app to iTunes connect ?

le_toubib

Licensed User
Longtime User
I Donno about links for using virtualbox with iTunesconnect, but there are plenty of links for fully functional OSX on virtualbox on windows.
In fact, my question is not wether it will work or not , my question is about the legalities.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not legal to run OSX on any hardware other than the original Apple machines. Even though Macs are run of the mill Intel hardware now, They still are bound by the license agreement of Mac OS X.

The original physical hardware is your "license" to use Mac OS X.

Sure, you can "hackintosh" all day long no problems, and even XCode may work fine, But... its not legal. And if by some chance Apple finds out you have been developing and pushing apps through illegitimate environments, Well.... ya know. They have the right to pull all your apps, terminate your account, and even ban you from the ability of having another account in your name, etc...

So until Apple comes up with a Legal way to develop and share apps for iOS to the App Store through a PC with no Macintosh involved, it is illegal to do it any other way than using a real Mac, whether owned or hosted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So until Apple comes up with a Legal way to develop and share apps for iOS to the App Store through a PC with no Macintosh involved, it is illegal to do it any other way than using a real Mac, whether owned or hosted.

@techknight : how can you be sure that the hosted Mac is not running on a vmware/vbox like cluster?

Maybe we should get a hosted mac and spread the costs under several people, you only need that a few times a year I guess?

Upvote 0

abhishek007p

Licensed User
Longtime User
it is not that easy to run OSX on VMs. its quite frustrating and in the end you would be pulling your hair with those complicated steps.

Upvote 0