B4A Library [Lib] UltimateListView

I've been working on this project for a long time and I'm very proud to release the version 4 today.

The UltimateListView is, as its pompous name says, THE ListView.

• It can handle very long lists. This is a screenshot of a list with 245813 items, all different:

verylonglist.jpg

• It can mix different layouts (and they can be changed dynamically). You can use it as an expandable ListView:

layouts.jpg

• It has a low memory footprint and is very fast (this report comes from the Performance demo where the list has to display 128901 distinct words read from a database and the used device is a Huawei Honor single core 1.4 Ghz):

performance.png

• It can scroll in both directions thanks to its swipe detector:

tables.jpg

• The swipe detector can also be used to implement a swipe-to-dismiss or a swipe-to-reveal:

swipedetector.png
  • You can easily add editors to your table to change its content:

celledit.jpg

• You can animate the items when they are added, removed, replaced or when the list is scrolled (with your own custom animation):

animationclap.png

• It can stack items from the bottom:

stackfrombottom.png

• It supports drag & drop operations (internal & external):

dragndrop.png

• You can synchronize lists with different item heights:

grid.jpg
The examples will show you how to implement a Pull-to-Refresh, create sticky headers or combine several lists to make a wheel. One of the examples is an improved version of my File Explorer class.

All texts and images can be loaded asynchronously (from Internet, from a database or from a local folder), so you can scroll even if the data are not fully loaded.

The list has its own state manager.

Since September 2018, ULV is available for free. You can still donate for it if you wish.
To send the money, just click on the Donate button below (the amount to enter is in euros):

Note that UltimateListView is not a wrapper around the work of someone else. It is 100% my own code and it is based upon the standard Java ListView of Android.

The UltimateListView does not work with Android versions < 2. It cannot work with B4J or B4i.

Current version: 4.50

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Last edited:

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello
a question
UltimateListview believe that interest to all,
SetActivityAttribute (Main, Android: hardwareAccelerated, "true") is recommended for every activity that has UltmateListView?
Thank you
Yes and no. No because hardware acceleration requires more RAM and is useless in most cases, and yes because you may benefit from the acceleration depending on what you put in your item. As a general rule of thumb, the best thing is to try. If this setting improves things when True, keep it.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A bug with ULV and Android 7 has been reported and is under investigation. The click event is not raised in some cases. I think that I found the origin of these issues with the new Android version: one comes from StateListDrawables, the other from the anonymous inner classes used for listeners. The latter is obviously an OS bug but I can rewrite my code to solve the issue. The problem with StateListDrawables is more complicated.

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app is using the ULV and the Manifest has min SDK version set to 7 and Target SDK version set to 7. (So it should work on Android 2.1 and above)

My Paths configuration for my android.jar file is set to use Android-23.

I am using ULV version 4.11

My Nexus 5x is running Android 7.1.1 Build NPF10C.

When I run my app the click works every time. Touch wood, no one else who is using my app has reported any issues with selecting items in the list.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My app is using the ULV and the Manifest has min SDK version set to 7 and Target SDK version set to 7. (So it should work on Android 2.1 and above)

My Paths configuration for my android.jar file is set to use Android-23.

I am using ULV version 4.11

My Nexus 5x is running Android 7.1.1 Build NPF10C.

When I run my app the click even works every time. Touch wood, no one else who is using my app has reported any issues with selecting items in the list.
If all items use the same layout, or if your users do not click everywhere, scroll, then re-click, they may not notice the bug.
I have a working solution for now but I'm not satisfied as it removes an important feature of ULV, so I continue to investigate.
Thank you Google! :mad:

johndb

Licensed User
Longtime User
If all items use the same layout, or if your users do not click everywhere, scroll, then re-click, they may not notice the bug.
I have a working solution for now but I'm not satisfied as it removes an important feature of ULV, so I continue to investigate.
Thank you Google! :mad:
I too am using ULV in Pixel 7.1.1 OS environment and have not had any problems either so I'm watching this thread with great interest :)

tpakis

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Informatix thank you for the quick fix! A question about recycling of items, would this lead to memory problems with large lists with bitmaps?

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I upgrade to this new version will it break anything and need to change any code ?

desof

Licensed User
Longtime User
From where I can see the EXAMPLES or Screenshots from the place of it is Capable to make this bookstore. And is likely to buy it if it is very good as they say.
The support is in Spanish?

Last edited:

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
De Donde puedo ver los EJEMPLOS o Capturas de Pantalla desde el lugar de es Capaz hacer esta librería. y es probable que la compre si es que es muy buena como dicen.
el soporte es en español ?
Pls, can you wirte in english your question ?