B4A Library [Lib] UltimateListView

I've been working on this project for a long time and I'm very proud to release the version 4 today.

The UltimateListView is, as its pompous name says, THE ListView.

• It can handle very long lists. This is a screenshot of a list with 245813 items, all different:

verylonglist.jpg

• It can mix different layouts (and they can be changed dynamically). You can use it as an expandable ListView:

layouts.jpg

• It has a low memory footprint and is very fast (this report comes from the Performance demo where the list has to display 128901 distinct words read from a database and the used device is a Huawei Honor single core 1.4 Ghz):

performance.png

• It can scroll in both directions thanks to its swipe detector:

tables.jpg

• The swipe detector can also be used to implement a swipe-to-dismiss or a swipe-to-reveal:

swipedetector.png
  • You can easily add editors to your table to change its content:

celledit.jpg

• You can animate the items when they are added, removed, replaced or when the list is scrolled (with your own custom animation):

animationclap.png

• It can stack items from the bottom:

stackfrombottom.png

• It supports drag & drop operations (internal & external):

dragndrop.png

• You can synchronize lists with different item heights:

grid.jpg
The examples will show you how to implement a Pull-to-Refresh, create sticky headers or combine several lists to make a wheel. One of the examples is an improved version of my File Explorer class.

All texts and images can be loaded asynchronously (from Internet, from a database or from a local folder), so you can scroll even if the data are not fully loaded.

The list has its own state manager.

Since September 2018, ULV is available for free. You can still donate for it if you wish.
To send the money, just click on the Donate button below (the amount to enter is in euros):

Note that UltimateListView is not a wrapper around the work of someone else. It is 100% my own code and it is based upon the standard Java ListView of Android.

The UltimateListView does not work with Android versions < 2. It cannot work with B4J or B4i.

Current version: 4.50

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Last edited:

Ricardo Gonzalez Gaete

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been working on this project for a long time and I'm very proud to release the version 4 today.

The UltimateListView is, as its pompous name says, THE ListView.

• It can handle very long lists. This is a screenshot of a list with 245813 items, all different:

View attachment 18467

• It can mix different layouts (and they can be changed dynamically). You can use it as an expandable ListView:

View attachment 14357

• It has a low memory footprint and is very fast (this report comes from the Performance demo where the list has to display 128901 distinct words read from a database and the used device is a Huawei Honor single core 1.4 Ghz):

View attachment 21236

• It can scroll in both directions thanks to its swipe detector:

View attachment 14361

• The swipe detector can also be used to implement a swipe-to-dismiss or a swipe-to-reveal:

View attachment 21240
The examples will show you how to implement a Pull-to-Refresh, create sticky headers or combine several lists to make a wheel. One of the examples is an improved version of my File Explorer class.

All texts and images can be loaded asynchronously (from Internet, from a database or from a local folder), so you can scroll even if the data are not fully loaded.

The list has its own state manager.

Due to the important work made, I request a minimum donation amount of 25 euros.

To send the money, just click on the Donate button below (the amount to enter is in euros).

What you'll get:
- the main library and all the libraries required by the examples;
- a complete User's Guide;
- a detailed list of all functions, events and properties;
- a tutorial;
- 17 examples with a few useful and reusable classes.

Note that UltimateListView is not a wrapper around the work of someone else. It is 100% my own code and it is based upon the standard Java ListView of Android.

You can download here the list of all functions and properties, and the table of contents of the user's guide.

With my catalog, you can try all examples of this library.

The UltimateListView does not work with Android versions < 2. It cannot work with B4J or B4i.

Current version: 4.21

Bonus : the DataCollection library is available for free with UltimateListView.

WHEN DONATING, PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE PAYPAL FORM THAT YOU DONATE FOR ULV TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION WITH MY OTHER LIBRARIES.

Hi' cuanto debe ser la donación para poder acceder gratis a tu Liberia..
Saludos desde Chile

Indícame a que correo te aviso cuando este hecha la donacion

Myr0n

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi' cuanto debe ser la donación para poder acceder gratis a tu Liberia..
Saludos desde Chile

Indícame a que correo te aviso cuando este hecha la donacion

Hola Ricardo
segun lo que dice en el primer post, "Due to the important work made, I request a minimum donation amount of 25 euros." dice que son 25 euros, para efectuar la donacion pincha en el boton que dice donate que esta en el primer post y envia los 25 euros, no dolares.

Recuerda en las anotaciones de paypal indica
ULTIMATELISTVIEW

Saludos

Myr0n

Licensed User
Longtime User
Gracias Myron, esta hecha la donación, cuanto se demora el tramite tienes idea tus?

Depende mucho de en cuanto tiempo acredita paypal a la cuenta de el, pero no tardara mas de 1 dia sin responderte,

Myr0n

Licensed User
Longtime User

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Informatix.
I need to make a porting of my B4A project build on the B4A ULV version to a B4i project.
For me is a mandatory step (porting my project to iOS) because my users / customers are asking me an iOS version.

Is there a B4ì version of the ULV Library ? In this case I'm happy to adopt ULV also for my ported project otherwise I have to choose another solution.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Informatix.
I need to make a porting of my B4A project build on the B4A ULV version to a B4i project.
For me is a mandatory step (porting my project to iOS) because my users / customers are asking me an iOS version.

Is there a B4ì version of the ULV Library ? In this case I'm happy to adopt ULV also for my ported project otherwise I have to choose another solution.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
No, there's no B4i version and there won't be.

Marco Nissen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the lib. Works good so far (as GridView replacement) - do you have a working example for disk cache usage?

I used the following code, but it re-loads images always although I use "LoadImageAsync", which I assumed to store images in the cache automatically. Or do I need to take of that myself?

B4X:
ULV.Initialize(20, 200, "", "ULV")

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the lib. Works good so far (as GridView replacement) - do you have a working example for disk cache usage?

I used the following code, but it re-loads images always although I use "LoadImageAsync", which I assumed to store images in the cache automatically. Or do I need to take of that myself?

B4X:
ULV.Initialize(20, 200, "", "ULV")
Please note that support is provided only via email.

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
I would like to ask you if it's possible to add a predesigned panel with some views as an ULV item and how could do this!

Thank you in advance!

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A new version of ULV is available.

Changelog v4.3:
- A RippleDrawable can now be assigned to PressedDrawable to get a ripple effect with Android versions >= 5.0 Lollipop;
- I modified the MATERIAL styles because they used drawables that could be missing on some devices;
- I added two MATERIAL_DARK styles;
- I added a ripple effect to all MATERIAL styles;
- I added a Styles demo.