Android Question Library Auto Update feature...

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am considering adding the ability to manage Automatic updates of libraries with either the B4X Object Browser (BOB), or with a different tool. Considering that BOB already knows about libraries and how to read Author names etc, it probably belongs in that tool.

Primarily, it is envisaged that library authors can add libraries, upload updated versions (or supply the URL to an updated version). Users could potentially subscribe to libraries, or more likely, BOB could just notify users of a new library and offer to download it.

At this stage, it will be for freeware libraries only. Let's get the easy stuff working first.

This is just a consideration. What do people think about the idea?

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please don't create any tool that downloads libraries from the forum without consulting me first.
Absolutely Erel, I wouldn't do that. I was considering hosting the files elsewhere, and the Authors themselves would [probably] manage the updates.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Absolutely Erel, I wouldn't do that. I was considering hosting the files elsewhere, and the Authors themselves would [probably] manage the updates.
My suggestion is along with download folder, you can also give option of showing the library link in the forum. Walt's B4XGoodies has the link of which I have made a public websheet.

See if it helps. I will be more than happy to help you if required.

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
My suggestion is along with download folder, you can also give option of showing the library link in the forum.

Yes, this would be an attribute/property of the library entry.

Walt's B4XGoodies has the link of which I have made a public websheet.

Walt's spreadsheet would form the basis of the properties I capture for each library entry

Upvote 0