Longtime User
Very nice library.

On your attached sample you need to change line #9

B4X:
g.Initialize("a")
To:
B4X:
g.Initialize("g")
Otherwise the LongClick event won't trigger, one more thing, I would replace line #27 with the line below instead of ExitApplication
B4X:
Msgbox("Position = " & Position & CRLF & "Value = " & Value, "")

Excellent work.

lonleystar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice library.

On your attached sample you need to change line #9

B4X:
g.Initialize("a")
To:
B4X:
g.Initialize("g")
Otherwise the LongClick event won't trigger, one more thing, I would replace line #27 with the line below instead of ExitApplication
B4X:
Msgbox("Position = " & Position & CRLF & "Value = " & Value, "")

Excellent work.
Hi NJDude, you're right I forgot to change it.

Anyway thanks for reporting it, and thanks to you for having once again by choosing the my library.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why do you not adapt each image to the thumbnail size? My panoramic pictures are heavily compressed, for example, which is not very pretty. If I change ItemWidth/ItemHeight, I change them for all pictures so these settings are of no help.
The spacing does not work the same way horizontally and vertically (in landscape mode, its value seems a lot bigger than the one I defined).
Do you plan to add a function to go directly to some point of the gallery?

For other users: if you get nothing on your device, use the portrait orientation (the demo settings are not made for landscape) and/or change the AddView settings.

theos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Library Code

Hi, what about share the code of the library?
I am interested in learning how to do it.
I would like to improve the library so it can be populated, cleared and populated agan (I can't find a method for clear now).
Moreover, I would like to load images directly from the db

lonleystar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, what about share the code of the library?
I am interested in learning how to do it.
I would like to improve the library so it can be populated, cleared and populated agan (I can't find a method for clear now).
Moreover, I would like to load images directly from the db
Hi theos i dont share the code but if u want decode it with any jar decoder.

murdoch1976

Licensed User
Longtime User
Including more than one folder

Hi,

This library is pretty awesome. However, I've come a little unstuck.

I'd like to present a list of images to the user that are on their device (much like the "Gallery" app that ships with most android phones).

However, I do not know what folders the images may be in, and the users of the app I am writing are unlikely to know themselves. Is there any way to...

1) Populate the gallery with images from more than one folder.
2) Ask the gallery to populate with all images on the device in the same way that the out-of-the-box gallery app does?

Unfortunately, I cannot assume to know what folder the user generally uses to store their images, be they downloaded, or photos taken with their device.

Many thanks.

Murdoch:sign0013:

murdoch1976

Licensed User
Longtime User
Apologies

I'm sorry if anyone has looked into this. I found the best way I could do this was using "Phone.ContentChooser" which took all the hard work away. Yay!

I have seen a trend in me answering my own questions on this forum, so please forgive me - I'm a bloody good DBA, but not the greatest programmer in the world. :sign0161:

lonleystar

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry if anyone has looked into this. I found the best way I could do this was using "Phone.ContentChooser" which took all the hard work away. Yay!

I have seen a trend in me answering my own questions on this forum, so please forgive me - I'm a bloody good DBA, but not the greatest programmer in the world. :sign0161:
Hi murdoch1976, I don't know what you mean, please more clear.