Linux version?

GeoTrail

Licensed User
Longtime User
hehehe Linux version would be great, but unfortunately the chances for that are VERY slim, right Erel? ;)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi GeoTrail..

being B4PPC based on VB, wich is a microsoft program....Being linux based on Unix wich....has nothing to do with microsoft set of instructions...Yes I think a linux based B4ppc would be very ...utopiall.... even if we think that most linux SOs would run on almost any pda, if they were slimmed enought....

GeoTrail

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has nothing to do with "Microsoft set of instructions.", it's al about the framework. Anyway, it WAS meant as an ironic post, see? ;)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
sorry, i usually get theirony bits, but its best when Live and in full color....

GeoTrail

Licensed User
Longtime User
No prob mate :)
It's abit of a shame that it is based on the .Net framework. If it was written in C++ it should be easy to port to other platforms.

Maybe that will be the future....:sign0060:

Louis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. Actually in Linux I heard there is a project on sourceforge that let's you use Microsoft's .net framework along with Wine and Win4Lin from what i have heard. Might want to check it out. HTH. And correct me if I'm wrong.
No prob mate :)
It's abit of a shame that it is based on the .Net framework. If it was written in C++ it should be easy to port to other platforms.

Maybe that will be the future....:sign0060:

Last edited:

GeoTrail

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm interesting.

Oh and a PDA version would be great. Oh wait, it's already here ;) hehehe