Wish List Libraries as "Add-on" or "Extras"...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys...

Well, this is merely a wish...
The best way to explain this is by example, and I have 2.
1st example: Cura.
Cura is a slicer software, and does it job right out of the box. Yet, the user can choose a number of "add-ons" to add new features. Most of these add-ons are third-party created, some are free, some are paid...
2nd example: ODOO
Odoo is a project management system that also has many add-ons to choose from...

So, what exactly is my wish?
With the current system we have no clue whatsoever of which libs are available and although the new library tab helps a lot in keeping the one we have up to date, it cannot suggest a library or libraries alternatives .
It would be very helpful to have a sort of listing, directly in the IDE, categorized and keyword indexed...
There are many libraries in the forum which names sometimes have nothing to do with what they do...
So, with this system, I could search for a keyword, like "drawer" and get a list with description, release date, free/donation/paid and download link...

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So, with this system, I could search for a keyword, like "drawer" and get a list with description, release date, free/donation/paid and download link...
We use the forum search for such requirement now, so may be IDE will make a forum search and give list or something.

Regards,

Anand

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We use the forum search for such requirement now, so may be IDE will make a forum search and give list or something.

Regards,

Anand
Yes but you need to know what you are looking for....
In an add-on alike system, we could just browse all existing libs.... sometimes there are libraries released that could give that extra "humph" to your app, even if you don't absolutely need it for your app to work.

Then again.. its just a "wish"

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For now, using the Google document to do your search is already a big help. Not saying that making the search in the future from the IDE would be bad...
The Google doc is available for consultation? I thought it was just for lib developers!
Then half the work is done!...
(This wish is like requesting an electric assisted bicycle when we have a classic one... everyone can ride a classic bicycle, but given the option, most will take the electric assisted one!)

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User