Android Question ListView & CustomListView

Albert Lin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All

I'm working with a app browsering Bible. I used the CustomListView to do it. It's ok to show 2 Label in a item . one is for book-chapter-section , another is for the content. everything seems ok. But when I search some word in bible and get 5800 results. that adding 5800 results to the Custom List View takes two much much time

I try ListView for two Label type , it takes a little to add 5800 results, but unfortunatelly, every section Script has different length(see the attatchment), so the ListView can make it.

What should I do now? Any Suggestion is very welcome. Thanks a lot in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-08-13-13-17[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-08-13-13-17[1].jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 199

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
limit your results to 50 to 100 results. or just 25 and then create pagination for all the results showing 25 items each time... Load moreresults when reaching end of your list... so you´ll just loading 25, 50, 100 resultsand this should be much faster then building a huge CLV with ALOT of items...

Upvote 0

Albert Lin

Licensed User
Longtime User
limit your results to 50 to 100 results. or just 25 and then create pagination for all the results showing 25 items each time... Load moreresults when reaching end of your list... so you´ll just loading 25, 50, 100 resultsand this should be much faster then building a huge CLV with ALOT of items...
Thanks for the suggestion. Thank you!

Upvote 0