Android Question Live Wallpaper and Accelerated Surface

shashkiranr

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Currently for my Live Wallpaper i am using a Engine.Canvas.DrawText to display a changing text.

But i want to get the look and effects of the text when it is subjected to Accelarated surface and want to show it though live wallpaper.

How should i achieve this. ??:confused:

One possible way is Create a bitmap of the accelerated surface every second and redraw it using Engine.Canvas.DrawBitmap but is this the right approach. :oops:

Kindly let me know.

Regards,
SK

shashkiranr

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Fred,

I went through the LibGDX and i must say it is very powerful library. i saw the livewallpaper template but i could not add the accelerated surface in wallpaper service since there is no Sub_Globals in it. i need the effects based on your textFactory example but unable to put it there.

All i want is to display a text on the home screen with changing numbers and the text should have the effects of accelerated surface.

is it feasible? i think so...

Kindly point me in the right way.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
SK

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
libGDX is not a panel. It's a display surface as my Accelerated Surface and cannot be combined with the B4A views. It provides everything you need to do games and 2D animations but, for texts, it requires more work than you're used to with B4A. For the text, you have to create bitmap fonts. Read the chapter about fonts in my tutorial.
I suggested libGDX because the B4A Live Wallpaper lib is sluggish and uses the old Skia canvas.

Upvote 0