iOS Question Local deploy on iPhone

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm running an iMac with the XCode simulator. I read elsewhere on the net that since XCode 7 you can deploy your own applications without an Apple Developper Account. (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-without-apple-developer-program-or-jailbreak)

I also saw it working with other development environment.

What I did was:
-in XCode set my Apple ID
- build the .IPA
- downloaded it and added it to iTunes (logged in with the same account)
- sync'ed with an iPhone (again:same account)

When syncing a shortcut appears (it seems the app is installing) but at the end the shortcut disappears again.

I know Erel stated that you can't run on a physical device without an Apple Developper Account. Why not ? Why is it possible with other environments ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
You can install on a real device with a service of remote installation, such as diawi.com
You compile a release version and inside there is the .ipa file you have to upload to diawi.com they shows you a link, and following it, the app is installed on your device.
That's the way i do it for my testing purposes.
Regards.

Reactions: wl
Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Descartex,

Could you clarify a bit ? Does the iPhone needs to be jailbreaked ?

Thanks !

Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, tried some more and after uploading on diawi.com I got "missing embedded mobileprovision (#4000000)"
Guess this has something to do with certificates ?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
You have to create the mobileprovision file for this device and compile the app with it. Later you upload the file to Diawi and follow the link or the QR code to install it on the iPhone.
I asked my client if his iPhone and iPad are jailbreaked and he says no, so its not necessary.
I really dont know who is the inner behaviour or configuration of this tool, I only know that it works for our purposes.
I hope to bring some light on it.
Regards.

Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks ...

Meanwhile I succeeded in running the B4I test app on my iPhone with a free apple developer account.

Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
You have to create the mobileprovision file for this device and compile the app with it. Later you upload the file to Diawi and follow the link or the QR code to install it on the iPhone.
I asked my client if his iPhone and iPad are jailbreaked and he says no, so its not necessary.
I really dont know who is the inner behaviour or configuration of this tool, I only know that it works for our purposes.
I hope to bring some light on it.
Regards.

Could you explain a bit how to create this mobileprovision file and where to add it so it gets compiled ?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
As the tutorial says, you need to do it from the Apple Developer Console.

I don't know if the free developer account allows you to make such a thing... I have a "normal"/Pay developer account, so I can't tell you if the free can do it.
Sorry.

Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
As the tutorial says, you need to do it from the Apple Developer Console.

I don't know if the free developer account allows you to make such a thing... I have a "normal"/Pay developer account, so I can't tell you if the free can do it.
Sorry.

I think the free account can't, but I managed to use my free acount to get the app on my iPhone. Thanks any way !

One question though: if I understand it correctly with a sevice such as Diawi you can build an app and deploy it outside the App Store and skip the Apple validation checcks etc ?

Upvote 0

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
One question though: if I understand it correctly with a sevice such as Diawi you can build an app and deploy it outside the App Store and skip the Apple validation checcks etc ?

Yes, but it seems you have to add the devices to the mobileprovision file.

Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, so you can use it to deploy to specific devices and is not alternative for the App Store ?

Upvote 0

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
As i understand, yes

Reactions: wl
Upvote 0