iOS Question Local Mac Builder - Auto Run

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

On my Mac I have a folder on the Desktop called 'macserver-aa' and I have all the required files to run the B4iBuildServer in there.

I have used the terminal on the Mac to navigate to the folder and used the command: java -jar B4iBuildServer.jar

I then opened Safari on the Mac and was able to load the test page. (looks like it all worked)

However, I then rebooted my Mac and now the test page doesn't open.

Looks like I need to open the terminal and run java -jar B4iBuildServer.jar every time I reboot the Mac.

Is there a way to automatically start the Local Mac Builder without having to open the terminal every time I reboot the Mac ?

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I tried to make a auto run using a shell script..

Problem is that it seems to work except the icon up the top keeps moving around in a circle and when I click on it is shows 0% completed. Anyone know how to make it so it closes after it has been open.

upload_2014-12-7_20-40-44.png

The script I am using is as follows:
script.PNG

Running the code I have above does work and it does start like it should, except for that icon in the title bar (as per my first image above). If I click on the cross (X) in that message it removes the icon from the title bar up the top and every is still working as normal.

If I run the script and that icon in the title bar is showing and then I run the kill url (http://192.168.0.11:51041/kill) it will stop the B4i BuildServer (which I except) and it removes that icon as well.

However if I open the terminal on the Mac and manually run (type it in) the script as shown above it works as excepted and I don't see any icon in the title bar up the top.

Does anyone know what I have done wrong and why that icon doesn't go away after running the script ?

I also tried using java -jar B4iBuilderServer.jar & as per what Erel typed, but I think Erel made a mistake and the & shouldn't be there. I think the file should of been called B4iBuildServer.jar and not B4iBuilderServer.jar

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
The ampersand sign means that the command should be executed in the background. Do you also see this icon with the ampersand?
Yes.

This is one of my first times using a Mac, so I may of done it wrong so I created a small video that shows you what I did and maybe you can see something that I shouldn't of done and might be the problem.

You may want to watch it in HD by selecting the gear icon down the bottom right of the video and select 720p and you may want to watch it in full screen as well.

(By the way I recorded this on my Windows computer and was logged into the Mac with TeamViewer, so you may see something's jumpy here and there)

Upvote 0