iOS Question Local Mac Builder import Dropbox.h error

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just installed the Local Mac Builder. This is on a new machine so Xcode was installed but never run as the instructions say just install Java and Xcode and then run the server.

When I compile my project, which compiles fine on the Hosted Server, I get the following message from the included iDropboxSync.h file.

It does not like the "#import <Dropbox/Dropbox.h>" line and gives the error message "'Dropbox/Dropbox.h' file not found".

What needs to be done to resolve this error message?

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
You néed to copy dropbox.h fie to your libs folder on the MacOS device.
Are you sure? The Mac Host server folder comes with .h and .a files for iDropboxSync. It is the iDropboxSync.h file that has the #import <Dropbox/Dropbox.h> statement.

I think I might need to go to the Dropbox developer site and download Dropbox iOS libraries from them. Perhaps that is what you are referring to.

=====================
Downloaded "dropbox-sdk-obj-c-master" but I have no idea what to do with it. I was not able to find any Dropbox.h file in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is DropboxSync still works for you? Dropbox has announced that it is killing this service a long time ago.
Erel,
You are absolutely correct. The code I was trying to compile is dead code that never gets executed since I switched to Dropbox version 2 API.

After removing the dead code I can now compile locally on my Mac.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Upvote 0