Share My Creation LocPoint: Easy Location Sharing (GPS Replacement)

Hello,

I have released a new app. The idea came to me when dealing with another project: What3Word. My app is an alternative. My solution is not language dependent. The position information is a 15-digit number which can be used uniformly worldwide.

The app can be found here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gd.locpoint

The link to the description on my homepage (I am the owner of the domain) is:

https://www.locpoint.de/index.html

I would like to receive reviews and suggestions.

Best regards,
Gunnar

Attachments

• b4forum.jpg
    b4forum.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 5,268
Last edited:

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi:

I tried to test it yesterday. I was at home, so I couldn't get gps signal, so the app looks like freeze. If you touch some of the buttons with no gps signal, there's no message, so it seems not to work. Maybe a toast message like "you have to get gps signal to use this function" could be good.
Probably should be some "getting location" progress or something like that.
The layout looks right, but it's smaller than my screen (not sure if you have designed that way), and it hides the notification and the status bars.
I've tested now outside and it works great¡¡

In the image, the surrounding black is the whole size of my screen.
capture.jpg

Last edited:

Tempomaster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for testing the app.

The instructions with the reference to missing GPS, I will immediately retrofit.

The look of the app meets my expectations. The proportions I have chosen so that it looks good even with smaller screens. The information bar can be pulled down. For messages, but also appears.

If there is no GPS you can now start the map by long click on the icon. However, one must have already called the card before.

Best regards,
Gunnar

Tempomaster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I changed the beta version a bit early to a production version. One runs the risk of collecting bad reviews. On the other hand hardly anyone downloads a pure beta version. I was able to eliminate some childhood diseases very quickly. Version 1.39 should now be quite usable.

Best regards,
Gunnar

Tempomaster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Gunnar,

How do these codes differ from the Plus Codes in Google maps?

Kev

Hello Kevin,

you certainly mean the search results? At the moment the search finds only the Google entries. Maybe I will extend the search to its own entries.

Best regards,
Gunnar

Tempomaster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have changed the data format for saving any location on this world. Now only 5 x 3 instead of 6 x 3 digits are needed.

Best regards,
Gunnar