B4J Question LOG4J problem - are we interested in it too?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Even if.
Just check your library folder and DELETE any OLD log4j Versions and make sure to only have a Version 2.15.0+ installed. Any older Versions should be replaced.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I am not mistaken, this library is used in .NET framework or Newtonsoft JSON library.

Edit: I think I confused with the Crystal Reports dependencies log4net.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Even if.
Just check your library folder and DELETE any OLD log4j Versions and make sure to only have a Version 2.15.0+ installed. Any older Versions should be replaced.

Is not very simple
-Arduino
-Microchip MpLab
-Stm Atollic Studio
- MqttFx
-Stm CubeIDE
-Android Studio
-iMyFone iTranstor
-Penthao
-Jaybird
-Sequoia Erp

...only on the first pc scanned
Brrrrrrr, I'm starting to worry

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Searching for log4j in my whole HDD I found below
G:\Java\NetBeans 8.2\java\modules\ext\hibernate4\log4j-1.2.12.jar​
G:\Java\NetBeans 8.2\java\modules\ext\hibernate4\slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar​
G:\Java\NetBeans 8.2\extide\ant\lib\ant-apache-log4j.jar​
G:\Java\NetBeans 8.2\ide\modules\ext\log4j-1.2.15.jar​
They are in Netbeans which is used by my son for school project (they teach Java on Netbeans)

With reference from https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/ , these seems to be very old to be affected.

Upvote 0

sethujaganathan.s

I am trying to fix log4j vulnerability for my applications which were old and using 2.2/2.5 version of Log4j. But still running on JDK 1.8. The advised version to avoid log4j issue is to go for Log4j 2.17.1/Log4j 2.17.2 but when I try that it is passing in the build but failing in deployment to Oracle Weblogic server with generic message stating below error message:

<Error> <Deployer> < <bb_ms_1> <[STANDBY] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <28744a88-9cc0-436c-977c-a54240e13a00-00000004> <1650993633947> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application "BBADMINUIAPP" due to error weblogic.application.ModuleException
weblogic.application.ModuleException
at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.EjbModuleExtensionFactory.create(EjbModuleExtensionFactory.java:26)
at weblogic.application.internal.ExtensibleModuleWrapper.createModuleExtensions(ExtensibleModuleWrapper.java:264)
at weblogic.application.internal.ExtensibleModuleWrapper.initDrivenObjectArray(ExtensibleModuleWrapper.java:232)
at weblogic.application.internal.ExtensibleModuleWrapper.prepare(ExtensibleModuleWrapper.java:107)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:100)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$1.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:175)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$1.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:170)
at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver$ParallelChange.run(StateMachineDriver.java:80)
at weblogic.work.ContextWrap.run(ContextWrap.java:40)
at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:553)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:311)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:263)
>

Deployment is successful when I try to use 2.2/2.5 version of Lo4j.
Is there any compatibility issue in this leap jump from 2.2 to 2.17.2? Any inputs suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0