Bug? Logcolor statement truncates strings

DavideV

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
i found that logging strings with Logcolor truncates the string, using the usual Log the string is ok.

I'm using B4A V4.30

here is the code to demonstrate it :

B4X:
Sub ServerLog(AddLog As String)
    'save the daily log
    DateTime.DateFormat="yyyyMMdd"

AddLog=DateTime.Date(DateTime.Now) & "-" & DateTime.Time(DateTime.Now) & " Server: " & AddLog &CRLF
    'LogColor(AddLog,Colors.Red)
    Log(AddLog)
    Dim DailyLog As String =DateTime.Date(DateTime.Now) &"_"& Main.LogFile
    Dim FileOut As OutputStream=File.OpenOutput(Main.WkDir,DailyLog,True)
    Dim Tw As TextWriter
    Tw.Initialize(FileOut)
    Tw.Write(AddLog)
    Tw.Close

End Sub

in my case i'm trying to log a string containing an ip address, when logged in red the string is truncated, when logged normally the string is ok. Also the code saves the log in a file and it's correct in both cases.

I made two screenshots where you can see the behaviour

Bye
DavideV

DavideV

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, thanks.
The log is OK with your example.
however i found that if you add another CRLF at the end of the string the bug appear:

B4X:
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
    'Do not forget to load the layout file created with the visual designer. For example:
    'Activity.LoadLayout("Layout1")

Dim AddLog As String =DateTime.Date(DateTime.Now) & "-" & DateTime.Time(DateTime.Now) & " Server: 2134234234234" &CRLF & CRLF
      LogColor(AddLog,Colors.Red)
    AddLog="number with dots: " & "123.456.789.123.456.789" & CRLF & CRLF
    LogColor (AddLog,Colors.Red)
    AddLog =DateTime.Date(DateTime.Now) & "-" & DateTime.Time(DateTime.Now) & " Server: current ip: 151.61.236.114" &CRLF & CRLF
    LogColor (AddLog,Colors.Red)

End Sub

in fact, looking the images in my first post, there is an empty line after the logs, telling me that the CRLF is doubled.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…