looking for industry products based on B4X

Hello All,
My name is Yaniv Hanya, and something like year ago I decided to move to B4A on a project I build. I’m a very experienced developer for win apps and web, but the new project include a IOT device that connected to smart home device. The device consist on a tablet, running app that I built with my team, and they control a minilab chip controller.

I choose B4A after trying Xamarin, and Unity, with unsatisfying results, and because the great connectivity of the "frame work".

Now the project owners, from some reasons, change the engineering company. And the company, who actually run the project, was very surprised that we use B4A for it. All my explanation for choosing the frame work is dismissed, mainly because it is "basic language", and "unprofessional". which is arguments that I, to my big sorrow, can't fight directly. It is almost religion…

But they also say- "nobody used this system for working products", "it is only for prototype project", "We never heard of running product that use it" and so on.

As the one who made the choice, it put me in a delicate situation against the company that run the start up.

I have a request-

Can you please give me names of products, selling products, that run on B4X systems? As more as they IOT or famous the better… it will help…

I did used this site "Showcase" part, but I really looking for more, and as I said running "products", IOT or others...
Do you have names/ links of products like that? (not only "application", but products). It will really help me in this unfair argument…

Thanks a lot…

Last edited:

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@alwaysbusy created ABMaterial and BANano on top of B4J and uses these products throughout the company he works for
@Peter Simpson makes his money with the B4X language set - he has a couple of write ups on two coding challenges that he had with his friend. Peter using B4A and his friend using whatever tool was popular at the time for Android development. Both times Peter beat his friend handsomely. I can't find the posts, they may be in chit chat. Hopefully he reads this and provide the links. They are eye opening...
@Harris uses ABMaterial and B4A for his business
@Jmu5667 uses B4A for his business, is migrating existing VB code to B4J and is starting to tip toe into B4i
@techknight - it saved his business (I'm pretty sure those where his words). His business is signage (I hope I remember correctly). I think he uses B4A, B4R, and is using ABMaterial (or working on it).

There should be plenty more... I just can't keep up with them all...

Note: I'm shooting from the hip here. If I got anything wrong, please feel free to correct

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think he is looking for examples of major companies using B4A to show the engineering firm that large/global companies are using B4x.

I know on the B4X homepage it has these big companies:

B4X.png

So, maybe getting more info on how these companies are using B4A would help prove to that engineering firm that it's a powerful and professional product.

Last edited:

joaquinortiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think he is looking for examples of major companies using B4A to show the engineering firm that large/global companies are using it.

I know on the B4X homepage it has these big companies:

View attachment 94852
So, maybe getting more info on how these companies are using B4A would help prove to that engineering firm that it's a powerful and professional product.

@Erel, can you share Study cases with this brands?

TemporalImages

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello All,
My name is Yaniv Hanya, and something like year ago I decided to move to B4A on a project I build. I’m a very experienced developer for win apps and web, but the new project include a IOT device that connected to smart home device. The device consist on a tablet, running app that I built with my team, and they control a minilab chip controller.

I choose B4A after trying Xamarin, and Unity, with unsatisfying results, and because the great connectivity of the "frame work".

Now the project owners, from some reasons, change the engineering company. And the company, who actually run the project, was very surprised that we use B4A for it. All my explanation for choosing the frame work is dismissed, mainly because it is "basic language", and "unprofessional". which is arguments that I, to my big sorrow, can't fight directly. It is almost religion…

But they also say- "nobody used this system for working products", "it is only for prototype project", "We never heard of running product that use it" and so on.

As the one who made the choice, it put me in a delicate situation against the company that run the start up.

I have a request-

Can you please give me names of products, selling products, that run on B4X systems? As more as they IOT or famous the better… it will help…

I did used this site "Showcase" part, but I really looking for more, and as I said running "products", IOT or others...
Do you have names/ links of products like that? (not only "application", but products). It will really help me in this unfair argument…

Thanks a lot…

I've been using B4A for the last few years to implement a vehicle tracking system. Its been used primarily on mine sites and uses pre-paid mobile phones running a B4A app. Using B4A is key to the automated operation of the system. You can see some practical examples on this web site,

www.testcell3.com

All the examples on this web site employ B4A except the automated steering system. We originally tried to use embedded processors but had problems. B4A and mobile phones not only worked much better but also cost less. B4A is an excellent product.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We have a B4A app running on a N5000 (ruggedized phone with integrated barcode scanner). It uses Wifi to sync the data to our servers using a REST API. I also wrote a driver for the OPN2001 Opticon scanner in B4J that automatically reads the scanner when connected to a Raspberri Pi. This Pi then uploads the data again to our server using a REST API. We have approx 10.000 users. Users can opt to run the Pi software on their own PC/Server, but we discourage this as with a Pi we have complete control over the hardware.

Our main product is now using a handheld scanner device we developed in-house from scratch. This again connects to our servers real-time, now using MQTT. The user software is completely rewritten in B4J using ABMaterial as a WebApp. Plans are to use this for 50.000+ users. It is used in all kind of sectors that require Time and Job tracking and is used both in small companies and major corporations. More info here: https://www.one-two.com/en

Main reason we picked B4X is because of its unprecedented reliability, app dev speed and excellent support. It now being open sourced and the ability to write our own libraries in Java makes it very trustworthy and we love the way Erel is thinking half a decade ahead when developing his products. It is one of the few cross-platform products one can truly build ones company on.

And we never think we are working in a Basic like environment: it is a unique language with many features nowhere else found in any other product (especially other Basic-derived languages). We don't program in Basic4Android, we do it in Build4Android!

Alwaysbusy

Helmut S

Licensed User
Longtime User
We sell access systems mainly for recycling yards and public pools that ate entirely programmed with B4R and we also sell Android apps for communities and towns (so far up to 25.000 inhabitants) to register the amount of waste people are taking to the recycling yards, all entirely based on B4A.

Could there be any doubt that B4X is the right tool?

CHK

Licensed User
Longtime User
We manufacture and sell electronic regulations for heating and cooling systems (sensors, actors, interfaces to boilers, etc.) Although our devices can be, and are, used in any environment, including individual flats or houses, our main business are larger installations for schools, kindergartens, office buildings, hotels, hospitals, appartement houses, ranging from some dozens to many hundreds of rooms. Each room usually has at least one sensor and one actor, and each sensor and each actor can be accessed individually, at least for checking and maintenance puposes. Therefore we have to build networks with many hundreds of units, some wired, some wireless, and some a mixture of both.

To access these networks, we connect to existing home automation systems, if in place. But in many cases there are none and then we sometimes sell a PC based software, written by us. And / or (and now to the point), we provide our customers with an app, written by us with B4A for Android phones/tablets and with B4I for Apple phones/tablets. If the apps are used as is, they are free, but in some cases we have to adapt them to special needs, and then they cost.

In most cases these apps are used by the caretaker for the building, therefore the download numbers are not big. But without these apps we could not sell our products at all in these times. So they are not really free, but included in the whole project costs. And, if the apps do not work properly, we sure get an (angry) feedback.

In addition there are other apps written with B4A, that we provide for our service people and service partners. These apps allow configuring and checking our sensors and actors directly on site and in their places, without the need of opening or dismounting them. The downloads as well are not big compared to any game apps. But it saves us thousands of Euros, because with the apps our partners can do checks and maintenance while on site, without the need for us to send in our own service people.

I think I started working with B4A back in 2011 and with B4I in 2016. It's one of the best developement tools I've ever used (and I've used quite a lot of them), and it's certainly the best for Android and IOS. The apps are stable and reliable and the support is excellent.

Our website: thermozyklus.de

What shall I say more?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use it in health care to sound monitor kids/adults when they sleep/rest.

Most (all?) systems used in these environments are like in a hospital where the patient presses a button and then they can interact or go there to see what's wrong.

People with a mental disability (down etc) don't always know that they need to do that and if they suffocate you can forget about it aswell.
So we needed constant sound streams of the hallways or individual rooms.
It also has sensitivity control so that the 'guard' can see from where the triggered sound comes from.

This method also allows the guard to monitor wherever (s)he is in one of buildings as long as (s)he is in range of the wifi.
Unlike the fixed panels of the expensive professional systems or they can only dial one cell phone if it already allows walking around.

magdoz

Licensed User
Hi. I'm developing successfully one asset tracking system using B4J Bananovuetify platform. Two way MQTT data exchange communication we handle between the RAKwireless devices and one Bananovuetify app over one Mosquitto server. Until now, everything working smooth and no issues we got. Zoltan

magdoz

Licensed User
Hi
I use it in health care to sound monitor kids/adults when they sleep/rest.

Most (all?) systems used in these environments are like in a hospital where the patient presses a button and then they can interact or go there to see what's wrong.

People with a mental disability (down etc) don't always know that they need to do that and if they suffocate you can forget about it aswell.
So we needed constant sound streams of the hallways or individual rooms.
It also has sensitivity control so that the 'guard' can see from where the triggered sound comes from.

This method also allows the guard to monitor wherever (s)he is in one of buildings as long as (s)he is in range of the wifi.
Unlike the fixed panels of the expensive professional systems or they can only dial one cell phone if it already allows walking around.
Hi Sir
I'm interested to know more about your application/platform. Can you send me some info about how it's work/already implemented showcase/etc.. ?
Thanks, Zoltan

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Zoltan,

It's based on streams.

You can set the app in either listener (receiver) mode or in microphone (sender) mode.

The sender mode just shows an info page of ip address and other connectivity info and streams to receivers when needed.

The listener mode shows buttons which then can be used to connect to one or multiple MICs.
Button color are based on connectivity status or sound level detection and have a small scrolling waveform in them
to visualize sound levels and for setting the detection triggering level.

There's also a webbased dashboard where I can see everything and allows me to see logs from devices or reset services from remote (if the app still works).

That's about it.