Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's probably fair to say that if Apple didn't have macs today (and they never existed) and Apple were to create them, they would keep the mac as locked and limited as the iOS devices.

So imagine that as their end goal.

Upvote 0

Arnaud

Licensed User
Longtime User
So, for Macbook M1, it it the about hte same that the APP iPhone/iPad, do we need to develop with B4i or B4j?

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not necessarily :)
The Mac MI (silicon) is able to run apps developed for iOS. My son made an app with Flutter and it runs just fine on my Mac Mini M1.
Of course, it depends on what user interactions you are using in your app but many kinds of controls are supported to be used with a mouse.
However, I believe there is a setting in XCode you must set (or avoid to set) in order to let your iOS app run.
I don't know if B4i supports this with the online compiler but perhaps with the local server where you can modify settings in XCode you can do it.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Referring to my previous post, perhaps it is not in XCode you need to set the setting which allows your app to be downloaded on the Mac M1 through the AppStore but rather the web interface for the app store when you publish the app. I say that because initially all apps could be downloaded but then app-makers such as Netflix didn't want their iOS apps to be used on the Mac M1 so Apple changed that.
If you enable this option, then you will also most likely resolve the problem of the app being shown up as a not certified developer.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4i app in AppStore on my Mac M1 ready for download:

1620131296409.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hwatech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any speculation as to whether a work-around might be created in the foreseeable future? I am considering porting a commercial app and it's really not feasible to have the targeted users install java by themselves. Just curious

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0