B4J Question MacSigner on M1 Pro

hwatech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm a fairly new Mac user so there is a lot I don't know, please forgive my ignorance...I have been attempting to notarize a simple B4J example app and I'm running into some trouble. I am getting the error when I click on Create Key:

“jdk-14.0.2.jdk” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

I believe I've followed the tutorial correctly but I'm assuming that the fact that I'm using a M1 Pro is causing my problem. I have found a few places that have a jdk built for ARM64 but not 14. I've installed openjdk18 using brew and I already have openjdk11 installed but I'm still not able to get it to work. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Larry

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
but I'm assuming that the fact that I'm using a M1 Pro is causing my problem
I don't think that this is related.

Have you downloaded the zip directly from your Mac?

Upvote 0

hwatech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I downloaded directly to the mac and unpacked..(both the java files and the macsigner) the macsigner seems to run fine, it's only when I click the create key when the message is displayed...

I hope I answered your question correctly

LH

Upvote 0

hwatech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, I tried every way I could think of to re-install but the results are always the same. I was able to get it all working on my older (intel) mac without issue.

I believe you when you say the M1 should have nothings to do with it, who would know better than you, but I must be doing something differently on the newer mac. At this point , I at least have a way to do periodic testing on the mac side. I will try it again in the future...

BTW, I have been able to run the angry birds package that you used in the tutorial on the M1 mac, this is another reason it would seem to not be the difference in architecture that is causing the trouble. I have to conclude at this point that the trouble exists somewhere between my chair and my keyboard :)
Thanks

Upvote 0