B4J Question Make realtime request

devmobile

Licensed User
Hello
I need realtime request in my project looklike push notification
I make a app for send request from client to driver(app is looklike Uber)
Now i need to driver receive message realtime and without delay.
How do i make this system in B4j?Maybe?

devmobile

Licensed User
What is your app? Is it a mobile app?
Yes it is mobile app.
I did use firebase push notification in my app for send request from client to driver
But didn't receive push sometimes
So i decide to use other way example b4j server.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Search for MQQT.
I used it in a similar way. From B4J desktop app to B4A client app; no significant delay on tested low traffic conditions. Can't say about real world usage because it was just a test.

Upvote 0

devmobile

Licensed User
Push notifications is the best way if you want your app to receive notifications while it is in the background.

While your app is in the foreground, you can connect to a B4J server with WebSocketClient.

Example: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/40272/#content
Yes push notification is Best way but some device cannot use it or not receive push and it is bad for my app.
I can force user to use app without close it from recent app and app can work good.
And other question :
WebSocketClient have high speed for send and receive data between two device(look like push without assume background process)

Upvote 0

devmobile

Licensed User
Search for MQQT.
I used it in a similar way. From B4J desktop app to B4A client app; no significant delay on tested low traffic conditions. Can't say about real world usage because it was just a test.
Yes MQTT is good solution but i need that can control all of thing of connection that i cannot control it in MQTT
It is good to use Push notification because it allow to me to control receive data easily without add member in mqtt

Upvote 0