Android Question Making an Android Studio App into a Service App

msains

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm really sorry if I have got the wrong forum / posting / thread. If so please enlighten me and I'll not make the mistake again.
I have an exceptionally simple Android Demo App (written in Java in Android Studio) that shows that a (unique) bitmap converter library we bought actually works. The simple App gets Input and Output Paths (file dialogue) then reads the Input file from the Input Path, calls a 'convert' method on the library and writes the converted file to the output path. The conversion/code works perfectly so needs no changing. However because I am a complete Java newb - All I need is one of our Community Experts (please) to rip the UI file dialogue stuff out and turn this Demo App into a callable 'Service'. If it is able to be called from B4A with (say) CallSubDelayed .... that would be prize 1 - but even if it sat looking for a (hard-coded) input path, did the conversion to a (hard-coded) Output-Path and then went back into a timer loop - I'd be very grateful to have that conversion. I could pay for the job but I'm not a multi-national - juts a modest Developer. Malcolm

msains

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can make a post here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/forums/job-offers.39/

What does the bitmap converter do?

It takes a standard bitmap of a Fingerprint and converts it into a 'standardised' WSQ format that will be recognosed by security systems etc. It is a fairly complicated transformation that both compresses and converts. It is (by now) somewhat 'long-in-the-tooth' (standard was developed in the early 90's) but it is still a requirement of many security systems.

Upvote 0