Share My Creation Managing Bank Account

Banks.png

The Bank program is designed to keep records of all bank transactions on a Bank Account. It keeps a record of each Transaction and the Balance after the Transaction is applied to the Bank Account.

Explaining the Input fields:-

DATE Selector-

The Date input is used to record the date of the transaction.

DETAILS Combo Box-
The Details Combo selects the type of Transaction - Income, Withdrawal, EftPos, Interest, Other.

INCOME can be Wages, or Pension or Investment incomes and the amount is entered into the Deposit Input.

WITHDRAWAL is used where Money is withdrawn directly from the Bank.

EFTPOS is where Bank Card is used to make payment of purchases. Used at ATM machines. Also when shopping and using the Bank Card as EftPos Transaction, including CashOut when shopping. The amount is entered into the EftPos Input. (For Credit Card and Debit Card a different Bank Account is recommended for security purposes though could be used here by describing it in the Goods Input).

INTEREST is where the Bank pays Interest on the amount of money in the Account. It is entered into the Interest Input.

OTHER can be used to set up the Program by entering the current Balance in the Bank Account. The amount would be entered into the Deposit input.

GOODS Input-
When Details are selected the Goods input is used to describe the Transaction. A pre-defined text is entered and can be used or changed. Helps to use it to know exactly where and for what purpose the Transaction was done.

EFTPOS Input-
The input used to enter the Amount of the Transaction for all EftPos Transactions.

WITHDRAWAL Input-
Used to enter the Amount of Cash withdrawn from the Bank.

DEPOSIT Input-
Input for entering the amount of money Deposited into the Bank Account

INTEREST Input-
Enter the amount of interest the Bank has added to the Account each month.

Attachments

• Bank.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 431

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In line 6 the balance was 4003, then in line 7 you withdrew 500. But instead of the balance becomes 3503, it jumped up to 4112!!!
I hope my bank keeps my account this way.
The right way is the balance cell always reflects the last balance +or- the current transaction on the left.

View attachment 64769
The Bank program is designed to keep records of all bank transactions on a Bank Account. It keeps a record of each Transaction and the Balance after the Transaction is applied to the Bank Account.

Explaining the Input fields:-

DATE Selector-

The Date input is used to record the date of the transaction.

DETAILS Combo Box-
The Details Combo selects the type of Transaction - Income, Withdrawal, EftPos, Interest, Other.

INCOME can be Wages, or Pension or Investment incomes and the amount is entered into the Deposit Input.

WITHDRAWAL is used where Money is withdrawn directly from the Bank.

EFTPOS is where Bank Card is used to make payment of purchases. Used at ATM machines. Also when shopping and using the Bank Card as EftPos Transaction, including CashOut when shopping. The amount is entered into the EftPos Input. (For Credit Card and Debit Card a different Bank Account is recommended for security purposes though could be used here by describing it in the Goods Input).

INTEREST is where the Bank pays Interest on the amount of money in the Account. It is entered into the Interest Input.

OTHER can be used to set up the Program by entering the current Balance in the Bank Account. The amount would be entered into the Deposit input.

GOODS Input-
When Details are selected the Goods input is used to describe the Transaction. A pre-defined text is entered and can be used or changed. Helps to use it to know exactly where and for what purpose the Transaction was done.

EFTPOS Input-
The input used to enter the Amount of the Transaction for all EftPos Transactions.

WITHDRAWAL Input-
Used to enter the Amount of Cash withdrawn from the Bank.

DEPOSIT Input-
Input for entering the amount of money Deposited into the Bank Account

INTEREST Input-
Enter the amount of interest the Bank has added to the Account each month.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is nice. Can I say something?

• If you have different bank cards, you can then link each transaction to its card, this might provide performance of each bank account and then you can have a graph about the balance of each bank card.
  • As an addition to loading transactions manually, get a bank statement perhaps in text format and then import the transactions (1. use a transaction file so you can categorize them first, 2. run an import). Here if there are other bank charges, perhaps you can also categorise them.
  • Draw up some charts for the different "details" i.e. category of transactions
  • Whilst your 'goods' indicate e.g. food, hardware, you might also break that further by creating another column so that you have a way to know how much was food in total or hardware etc etc
Just throwing up some ideas #dontMindMe

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
  • Whilst your 'goods' indicate e.g. food, hardware, you might also break that further by creating another column so that you have a way to know how much was food in total or hardware etc etc

You mean another table.. Otherwise you will have redundancy..

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You mean another table.. Otherwise you will have redundancy..
No, not a table, a column, it could be just another field in your backend table, then you can run a sum-group-by call on it to get your totals.

In it, you will just take the category name e.g. "food" or "hardware" and use that. You can buy food from different stores and you can buy hardware from different stores too.

Last edited:

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
In line 6 the balance was 4003, then in line 7 you withdrew 500. But instead of the balance becomes 3503, it jumped up to 4112!!!
I hope my bank keeps my account this way.
The right way is the balance cell always reflects the last balance +or- the current transaction on the left.
The Program inserts the Last transaqction done into the TOP of the Grid. So do the calcs from bottom up!
4612.10 - 500 = 3112.10

EDIT my typo:
4612.10 - 500 = 4112.10

Last edited:

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, not a table, a column, it could be just another field in your backend table, then you can run a sum-group-by call on it to get your totals.

In it, you will just take the category name e.g. "food" or "hardware" and use that. You can buy food from different stores and you can buy hardware from different stores too.
We have another program - Home Budget where we also record our Purchase details under different categories so as to get reports over the years on spending in any specific Item such as 'food' etc. The Bank prog is merely to keep us up to date on how much we have in our account and to cross check it with the bank statement at end of month to ensure accuracy of the banks records.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Program inserts the Last transaqction done into the TOP of the Grid. So do the calcs from bottom up!
4612.10 - 500 = 3112.10

Thanks.. I didn't notice the dates column.

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is nice. Can I say something?

• If you have different bank cards, you can then link each transaction to its card, this might provide performance of each bank account and then you can have a graph about the balance of each bank card.
  • As an addition to loading transactions manually, get a bank statement perhaps in text format and then import the transactions (1. use a transaction file so you can categorize them first, 2. run an import). Here if there are other bank charges, perhaps you can also categorise them.
  • Draw up some charts for the different "details" i.e. category of transactions
Just throwing up some ideas #dontMindMe
Thanks for the ideas. We have seperate programs to keep records on our spending with each shop and item categories. This allows analysis in depth over the years. Also a
Debit Card prog to keep track of our seperate bank account.
Works fine for our use.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If my bank would make a calculation like this:
4612.10 - 500 = 3112.10
I would be really upset !

Ahhh.. You made my day Klaus
Now you know we not only have expert programmers in this forum, but mathematicians as well.
Happy Chinese new lunar year

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
If my bank would make a calculation like this:
4612.10 - 500 = 3112.10
I would be really upset !
Typo - happens at 75 years!!! :mad:

Better not give me your banking - I could gain too much!!!