B4J Question MariaDB with Custom WebSocket Framework

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
Yesterday I changed the storage engine of my DB tables from Aria (MariaDB) to MyISAM.
Today, I see a spectacular improvement of the system performance overall.
And this improvement is noticed under heavy DB load.
The concurrent updates of coordinates for ~500 devices are so fast that I don't catch them up when refreshing the HeidiSQL processes tab.
Before this change I was seeing many updates waiting to end and the DB connections under pressure were 120-215 (as a consequence of the waiting table locks) and now they are constantly 40-45 since early morning.
The table_locks_waiting with Aria were ~2,5 Million and now ~75000 (for the same working duration).
I'm very impressed because I had decided to work with Aria, thinking that the newer is better.
The initial configuration was using InnoDB but I had a big failure when DB was loaded with many concurrent update transactions.
All DB Engines were configured according to the MariaDB doc. and tuned for my hardware capabilities.
Does anyone have any similar experience?

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,
Thank you for your "Like"!
I'm just wondering if the InnoDB (and additionally Aria as a most possible candidate successor for MyISAM) behavior under heavy load is reasonable while claims it has best concurrency compared to MyISAM.
The only case I could thought is that InnoDB is not suitable for a small set of data like the one I have.

Upvote 0