Android Question Material Design

alexwekell

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update your SKD and run Android L in AVG. I've found that most of the visual effects are already implemented in the developers preview, thus it's up to you with your design work and colourisation...

Any examples? I'm interested in the new animations like the circle reveal and the pulse.

Upvote 0

alexis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you know if there are any steps to do before updating the SDK? In the Android website it says to select "Android L Developer Preview" but that option it's not on my SDK Manager. It also mentions API20+, mine goes up to 19.

Upvote 0

alexis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Found the answer for my case. I had to update Tools, Platform-tools and build-tools a couple times before Android L appeared on my list.

Upvote 0

bitstra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any examples? I'm interested in the new animations like the circle reveal and the pulse.

Sample of my implementation for Material (android "L" theme:

1. install latest android api "L" via android sdk manager...

2. in maifest-editor add a line for your activity, that should use Material theme, like this:
B4X:
SetActivityAttribute(your_activity_name, android:theme, @style/Material)

3. b4aproject_folder_name\Objects\res\values-v11\theme.xml:
B4X:
<resources>
      <style
        name="Material" parent="@android:style/Theme.Material">
    <item name="android:colorPrimary">#458CCA</item>
    <item name="android:colorPrimaryDark">#256CAA</item>
    <item name="android:colorAccent">#458CCA</item>
    </style>  
</resources>

4. compile your project - and the activity uses L's Material theme...

Upvote 0

Creaky

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd love for someone to post an actual B4A project using Material design. I've tried the above example, but I keep seeing the Holo design... Just an example using the new action bar, buttons, animations and a drawer would help a lot of us on their way and would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

Carles Escudé

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did all what you say and it keeps on looking like holo. (Google Nexus 4 - CM11)

Someting else?

Do I need Android L (Preview) installed?

Thanks! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carles Escudé

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @Peter Simpson. When I tried it with the emulator with android 5.0 it works.

@Erel Exists any control that allow to show the lateral options sliding from outside?

Like in Google apps (Gmail):

a.jpg

Upvote 0