Android Question MaterialDialog. Use an unjetified library

red30

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an old application that uses the MaterialDialog library. Now if I want to run it I get an error:
B4X:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroid/support/v4/content/ContextCompat;
As I understand this is due to the fact that I am using an unjetified library "MaterialDialog". On the forum I found tips only to use B4XDialog instead of MaterialDialog. But for this solution I will need to rewrite most of the project ... I understand that this is wrong, but somehow I can start the project with the old library "MaterialDialog"?

I will never return to this project anymore and will not share it anywhere. I just want to make an apk-file that will work with the old "MaterialDialog"

red30

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tried to jetify it? Make sure that it is located in the additional libraries folder and run Tools - Jetifier?

The only way to use the old library is with an old Android SDK.
Yes it works - Tools -> Jetifier. It was only necessary to run B4A as an administrator. Never used Jetifier before, where can I read more about Jetifier? It's just that I had many more libraries in the folder where the MaterialDialog library was. I hope I didn't break anything ...

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It was only necessary to run B4A as an administrator.
This is only needed if the additional libraries are stored in a restricted folder.

It's just that I had many more libraries in the folder where the MaterialDialog library was. I hope I didn't break anything ...
It will not break anything.
where can I read more about Jetifier?

Upvote 0