Android Question Maven artifact not found: com.google.android.gms/play-services-map

alienhunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
i get this error
Maven artifact not found: com.google.android.gms/play-services-map, i am not sure from where this comes from !
added firebase ,
got maps api key
all manifest edited firebase/ maps
#AdditionalJar: com.google.android.gms:play-services-map
I followed all instructions for maps now i get this message

any clues
thanks AH

alienhunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks
it looks like the google play services were split up , does this matter too ?
sdk.jpg

Upvote 0

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have same problem. Installed the repositories, as shown in the attached pictures..
I used the example code found here. Following latest tutorial I obtained Google developer key, put it in the manifest, modified the Manifest, read all posts related to this subject.
Nevertheless "Maven artifact not found: com.google.android.gms/play-services-map" still happens...
Attach screen-shot and project. Developer key is modified just not to show it publicly.
Of course I miss something, but it is not easy to find it, at this point. Perhaps something related to how Android is installed (I mean the folders where libraries are stored etc.? Normally I follow defaults, and I just have one disk on this computer..)
Any indications?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Repositories.png
    Repositories.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 846
  • MapsTest.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 441
Upvote 0

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
More info:
One step in the tutorial is missing, but it shows a problem in SDK installation:
The step is:
2. Copy google-play-services.jar to the libraries folder - This file is available under:
C:\<android sdk>\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\libs (ignore the extra space that the forum script insists on adding)

But, as shown in the pictures, despite Google_play is installed, such folder doesn't exist..

Attachments

• folders.png
    folders.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 525
  • Google_play_Services.png
    Google_play_Services.png
    33 KB · Views: 545
  • folders1.png
    folders1.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 558
Upvote 0

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Finally, I performed a search of google-play-services.jar on all disk.. It doesn't exist. But Android-Sdk manager (executed "as administrator") says that there is nothing to install..

Attachments

• sdk_manager.png
    sdk_manager.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 516
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what libraries are you trying to use?

some of them (firebaseadmob) don't need the .jar file anymore and will directly use the sources instead.

Upvote 0

mkvidyashankar

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have done all above steps exceprt creating a new project. Still I am getting this error

Maven artifact not found: com.google.android.gms/play-services-maps

upload_2016-10-21_14-5-10.png

I cant make out what is the error or missing any steps...

Please guide
Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Sorex. I am following the GoogleMaps tutorial, step by step, so the libraries are those involved there. To my project I added the GoogleMaps.lib vers.2.00.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But, as shown in the pictures, despite Google_play is installed, such folder doesn't exist..
This is expected! Google changed it and split it into small pieces.
DO NOT use this old google-play-services.jar !!!!

You need to use the new maven repositories.

Upvote 0

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don. Thanks for your answer. Please note that it is not my idea to use google-play-services.jar .. but it is one of the steps of the tutorial. Moreover, sincerely, i don't see these "maven repositories".

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Manfred. The tutorial on GoogleMaps. The link is at the top of this page, the first one. I followed it step by step, and posted here, in a previous message of this thread, my project, so it should be easy to see what I mean. About the link you sent: I followed this too. Thanks again for your interest. Best regards. Giovanni

Upvote 0