Merging agraham libraries with the exe

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As you all know version 6.3 can merge libraries into the final exe for optimised compiled apps. This is achieved by having the source code for the dll in the Basic4ppc Desktop\Libraries folder. I have been considering how to make my libraries available for merging if required.

I have decided that rather than trying to publish all the sources at once I will do it in response to specific requests. This will let me ensure, on an individual library basis, that the sources will bear correct version info and will in fact merge correctly. It will also let me post the source in the appropriate thread to maintain a single point of access to each library and its' correctly versioned source code.

Therefore please post specific requests for library source to this thread. I reserve the right to not post source if :-

a) It won't correctly merge.
or
b) I don't want or can't be bothered to :)

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'll get in first with a request for the chartsDesktop.dll It's been bugging me, just a little, that this is the only dll in one of my current projects that's not neatly merged into the exe.
(I'm targeting not very computer literate users, so the less confusion in the program directory the better)

Thanks for the offer (& the work it'll cost you). :sign0188:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'll get in first with a request for the chartsDesktop.dll
You would ask for that one wouldn't you :sign0137:

I'm afraid that is one of the ones that comes under (b). As one of the more complicated libraries it consists of 34 separate source files and putting them altogether into a single source file that compiles correctly is a task that I don't want to even try. :sign0013:

ChartsDevice is similarly complicated and so also not a candidate for merging. Threading may or may not work for a different, technical, reason - I haven't tried merging it yet. All the others are probably OK but I will try them as and when requested.

Elrick

Licensed User
Threading may or may not work for a different, technical, reason - I haven't tried merging it yet.
Hello agraham. I've tried to merge Threading lib like it wrote here: http://www.b4x.com/forum/code-samples-tips/1220-combine-dlls-into-one.html?highlight=merging. It was merged, but didn't work properly (it causes an error). It was a long time ago, so i don't remember the details... But this library is the main for me, i can't imagine how to use b4ppc without it ;) and also it is the only one library what can't be merged in my program... So what do you think about trying to merge this lib?

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Elrick

Licensed User
:sign0060::sign0060: I took a red marker and drawn a circle around this day in calendar - today is the day, when my program became fully standalone, without any additional libraries:sign0188:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK. So it's been p*ss*ng down with rain all day, the road outside is a river and although we are opening our garden to the public for the village garden trail in ten days we can't get out to do any meaningful preparation :(

I'm bored so I have tested and posted the source for the most obvious candidates for merging. Collections, Exceptions, FilesEx, StringsEx, Threading and WebBrowser. See their respective threads.

Last edited: