Android Question Messenger Tool

SternFaun

Licensed User
Hello again,

I need help. I want to create kind of a messenger application.

I need to have a listfile in the internet, and my application should write a line in this listfile. If the listfile contains 6 lines, a new listfile will be created and the old will be deleted. This means it won't a big list at all and a database is not requiered.

My mainquestion is, how can i get a listefile to the internet and how can I apply it through my app. Sorry for the bad english, I hope you understand what I try to say. I'm totally new to programming, I dont do it professionally, just as a freetime activity.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

SternFaun

Licensed User
Yeah, DonManfred. I used the search function. But most time the explainaitions in the tutorials are too spezific for my knowledge. I need instruction what exactly to do to download and upload. Do I need a FileZilla Server to use the ftp library? is the ftp lib like a ftp client? when i download a file using the ftp lib where is it saved and how can i change the files content!? are there any examples for access a downloaded file and change it whis the file.writelist (file.dirinternal..) syntax?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do I need a FileZilla Server to use the ftp library?
the net library
is the ftp lib like a ftp client?
the net library. Yes, it´s like an FTP-Client
when i download a file using the ftp lib where is it saved and how can i change the files content!?
it is saved on the path you define where to save...
and how can i change the files content!?
Reading the file, changing it, save back...
are there any examples for access a downloaded file and change it whis the file.writelist (file.dirinternal..) syntax?
See the beginners guide and usersguide. All file methods are described here

Upvote 0

SternFaun

Licensed User
Thank you for your answer. Do i need a ftp server or/and a ftp application like filezilla to get a path where i can upload my file? I dont understand how to get webadress where my Files are and from which i can download. does the net library create a server or do i have to create one with an external ftp application?

sorry for my stupid questions but im a totally beginner when it comes to servers etc.

Upvote 0