iOS Question minimum xcode version works fine with B4i v5.30

Modern_Digital

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I want to know what is the minimum xcode version can i use with B4i v5.30 and what the minimum value can i put in #MinVersion in my projects .

Note :
- I have Mac computer running macos v10.13.6 .
- I have B4i v5.30 .

Thank you.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think we only can download the latest version of Xcode which is version 10.0+ if you are using macOS 10.13.6.
I think Xcode 9.3 is supported in B4i v5.00 but it depend on the version of macOS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xcode#Version_comparison_table

I normally just leave to the default value when starting a new project.

B4X:
#MinVersion: 8

Upvote 0

Modern_Digital

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks a lot for you guys, Thats true i figureout that any app from march,2019 must be built in sdk 12.1 or later and ofcurse using xcode 10.1 or later , But guys, that means the #MinVersion should be 12.1 is it true or not.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't use B4i but in B4A #Minversion is the earliest version of Android the app supports, so I assume it's the same in B4i. If you set it to 12.1 your app will only run on devices running iOS 12.1 & later. I generally support iOS 8.x & up, but it depends on what features are in your app & what is the earliest SDK they are supported in.

Note that the Xcode version & #Minversion aren't related. You can build an app using the 12.1 SDK, but it can still run on devices running earlier versions of iOS, depending on what you set #Minversion to.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Modern_Digital

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks a lot Colin for the information it's really helpful for me, I want to mention that I tested my app on xcode simulator running ios 9.3 and my app did not work, It's crashes when I try to open it, Thats what made me think I should put #MinVersion to 12.1 .

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks a lot Colin for the information it's really helpful for me, I want to mention that I tested my app on xcode simulator running ios 9.3 and my app did not work, It's crashes when I try to open it, Thats what made me think I should put #MinVersion to 12.1 .
If you put #Minversion 12.1 then it definitely won't run on an iOS 9.3 device. Try creating a new thread with details of the crash & the error message(s) you're seeing & somebody might be able to help you solve it.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Modern_Digital

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Colin ,

I did not put #MinVersion to 12.1 when I tested my app on simulator ios 9.3 the #MinVersion was 7 then crashes happned.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Colin ,

I did not put #MinVersion to 12.1 when I tested my app on simulator ios 9.3 the #MinVersion was 7 then crashes happned.

Thank you.
Yeah - I figured that. Just saying that if you do change #Minversion to 12.1, it won't run. You're probably OK with setting the #Minversion to 9.0 because there are very few devices still running anything older than that -> https://david-smith.org/iosversionstats/

- Colin.

Upvote 0