Android Question Missing information in prominent disclosure

D

Deleted member 103

Hi,

I show this dialog at the start of my app, so that the user knows what is asked in the next dialog.
This seems to be not enough for Google, and they removed my app from Play Store.

1621961288244.png

In order for the app to be approved again, this info should be added, then what should my dialog look like?
I do not understand it.
Version(s)Eligibility Issue
APK:77Missing information in prominent disclosure
Your prominent disclosure must appear before your app’s location runtime permission, and should tell the user which feature(s) will use location in the background. Based on our review, your app’s prominent disclosure did not meet this criteria.

Please modify your prominent disclosure to include this information. The language in the disclosure MUST include the following elements:
  • The term “location”
  • Indication that the nature of usage is in the background by using one of the following phrases “background” / “when the app is closed” / “always in use” / “when the app is not in use”
  • A list of all the features that use location in the background
  • If you extend permitted usage to ads, you must include the following: “used to provide ads/support advertising/support ads.” (Choose the most accurate phrasing).

zdx0769

OK, we first need to establish some basic information about this situation.

So, Filippo, please answer these two questions:

1) Does your app need to obtain location data when your app is not in the foreground?
2) Are the GPS routine(s) of your app contained in a service?

Once I know the answers to the above, I can make more productive suggestions.
Hi,JohnC. First,Thank you for your contribution. A similar thing happened to me. My App just use the location permission to connect the ble devices. All we know that it need turn on the "LOCATION" permission. But I do not use the location,obtain nothing location data. No " ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION " permission. My App just show the map with some marker about the specific coordinates data from "API".It do not need GPS. I have the prominent disclosure like this.
Location Authorization
To make it easier to connect to Bluetooth devices, you need to grant location permissions.The location is only accessed when the app is running.

Failed,I do not understand.

Last.Is it possible that it request the "FOREGROUND_SERVICE" permission in Android Q? Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

Wow! It always looks better.
I will now build it into my app and upload it.
If the app is approved by Google, then I would employ you in my company. ;)

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,JohnC. First,Thank you for your contribution. A similar thing happened to me. My App just use the location permission to connect the ble devices. All we know that it need turn on the "LOCATION" permission. But I do not use the location,obtain nothing location data. No " ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION " permission. My App just show the map with some marker about the specific coordinates data from "API".It do not need GPS. I have the prominent disclosure like this.
Location Authorization
To make it easier to connect to Bluetooth devices, you need to grant location permissions.The location is only accessed when the app is running.

Failed,I do not understand.

Last.Is it possible that it request the "FOREGROUND_SERVICE" permission in Android Q? Thank you for your time.

Hi zdx0769:

Please start a new thread and in the new post please provide:

1) A detailed description of your app and why it needs to connect to Bluetooth devices
2) A copy of the exact rejection email that google sent you (block out any private id info)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zdx0769

Hi zdx0769:

Please start a new thread and in the new post please provide:

1) A detailed description of your app and why it needs to connect to Bluetooth devices
2) A copy of the exact rejection email that google sent you (block out any private id info)
I have start a new thread here, please help me .
Thank you so much

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

and that is the next error message. :mad:
Maybe because I only changed the "#VersionCode" and not the "#VersionName"?

Reasons of violation
Issue with your app​
We’ve reviewed your app for compliance with all Location Permissions policy requirements (including use case eligibility), and found the following issues with your app:
${APK_VERSIONS}

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The good news seems like google is no longer concerned with your location permission!

But, I've never seen that error before.

I would maybe resubmit the app and update BOTH the versioncode and versionname:

For example lets say this was the history:

1) The version that failed with permission reasons:
versioncode = 1011
versionname = 1.011

2) The version you just submitted with my suggested text:
versioncode = 1012 <--------- you did update the versioncode,
versionname = 1.011 <--------- but you didn't update the version name

3) Submit the app again:
versioncode = 1013
versionname = 1.013

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

OK, it goes on. Every day something new and this is the latest:
Issue with your app​
We’ve reviewed your app for compliance with all Location Permissions policy requirements (including use case eligibility), and found the following issues with your app:
Version(s)Eligibility Issue
APK:83Invalid privacy policy
Based on our review, your privacy policy doesn’t comply with our policy requirements. Please review the Personal and Sensitive Information policy and ensure that you are compliant. Specifically, please add or update your privacy policy, and make sure it is available on an active URL (no PDFs), is non-editable, applies to your app, and specifically covers user privacy, including your app’s usage of location data. If the URL provided points to multiple privacy policies, please make any necessary external changes (within the app, your website, and the Play Store listing - as necessary) to point to one singular governing privacy policy. You must link to a privacy policy on your app's store listing page and within your app.

Oh man, I'm getting tired of this. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Those "Personal and Sensitive Information" Google terms include a section with this line:

Post a privacy policy in both the designated field in the Play Console and within the app itself.

What this section means is that:
1) You need to have a privacy policy that is available at a particular URL
2) You include a link to this page in the app's product details in your play store listing
3) You include a link to this page from within your app
4) This privacy policy also needs to include the wording that I suggested (which explains why the location permission is needed, that the location data only resides on the user's device, and that it can be deleted at any time by the user).

So, after you add my suggested text to your privacy policy, please post the link to your privacy policy here and I can possibly offer other suggestions to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0