Android Question Missing jar file for library: DataCollection.xml

Tsong

When I start B4A I get the error message for missing library in DataCollection.xml and AndroidManifest.xml.

I repeated downloading the 2 required files jdk-11.0.1.zip and resources_06_21.zip, then reinstalled both but the problem is still there.

B4A missing library for DataCollecton.xml.jpg

Here is my paths config:

B4A paths.jpg

Please anyone suggest a solution? Thanks.

Edit: Running Windows 10 version 21H2, 64-bit

Last edited:
Solution
This is an IDE error message. You have an xml file called DataCollection.xml in either your B4A Libraries or Additional Libraries folder which doesn't have a matching DataCollection.jar file. I think this library is part of Informatix Pro Bundle. You must have deleted the jar file accidentally at some time.

Tsong

Now I copied the SDK to drive C:\AndroidSDK\ and changed the path to point to the new location:

C:\AndroidSDK\platforms\android-30\android.jar

Also disabled antivirus.

Still the same problem.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is an IDE error message. You have an xml file called DataCollection.xml in either your B4A Libraries or Additional Libraries folder which doesn't have a matching DataCollection.jar file. I think this library is part of Informatix Pro Bundle. You must have deleted the jar file accidentally at some time.

Upvote 0
Solution

Tsong

About the error log, maybe I could suggest a feature in future release to have error codes similar to Visual Basic?

So instead of the short generic message "Missing jar file..." which is kinda cryptic for newbie like me we could have something like, for example:

Error 300: An xml file is referencing a jar file that does not exist.
The file "D:\AdditionalLibraries\B4J\DataCollection.xml" is missing a matching jar file.
For detailed explanation about this error see the Manual at [this link].

And in the Manual the list of error codes can include possible scenarios why it happened, possible solutions, or tips to avoid having such issue.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0