Android Question Missing jar file for library: xGraph.xml

rgarnett1955

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have installed xChart V4.2 and xGraph V1.00, but I am getting the following error whenever I refresh the Libraries pane.

missing jar file for library: xGraph.xml

What is the problem?

Best regards

Rob

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You should NOT save the xChart.xml nor the xGraph.xml file to the AdditionalLibraries\B4A folder!
xChart and xGraph are b4xlib libraries which should be saved in a specific folder, they don't have *.jar files and don't need *xml files either to work.
Recommended AdditionalLibraries folder structure:

upload_2019-12-14_13-25-47.png

One folder for each product, B4X folder for the *.b4xlib files.
If you use the B4X Help Viewer, add a specific folder for the B4X library *.xml files like B4XlibXMLFiles as in the example above.

Upvote 0

rgarnett1955

Licensed User
Longtime User
Self solved already? As you has posted a new question for the same lib running in your app i guess you fixed it.

Please mark the thread as solved.

Hi Don

I hadn't solved it, but xGraph still worked albeit with the manual scaling issue.

Klaus fixed the bug and the problem is fixed.

Klaus has also advised me of how to set up libraries to fix the missing jar file for library: xGraph.xml error which I will do.

Best regards

Rob

Upvote 0

rgarnett1955

Licensed User
Longtime User
You should NOT save the xChart.xml nor the xGraph.xml file to the AdditionalLibraries\B4A folder!
xChart and xGraph are b4xlib libraries which should be saved in a specific folder, they don't have *.jar files and don't need *xml files either to work.
Recommended AdditionalLibraries folder structure:

View attachment 86356

One folder for each product, B4X folder for the *.b4xlib files.
If you use the B4X Help Viewer, add a specific folder for the B4X library *.xml files like B4XlibXMLFiles as in the example above.

Hi Klaus,

How do you know which xml files are required by the code and which are not?

Is it the case that if an abc.xml has an abc.jar then the jar file needs to be in the AdditionalLibs root directory?

I put all my xml files in an xml directory as you suggested, but had to move them all back to the root with the exception of the xGraph and xChart files because a lot of my libraries were missing from the libs pane.

Sadly I know nothing about java, that's why I like B4x so much. I tried java programming for Android using the Google SDK some years ago and found it to be diabolically difficult. I'm an embedded person (ARM 32 bit), using C and freeRTOS only, not even C++ so Java was quite a leap.

Best regards

Rob

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I put all my xml files in an xml directory as you suggested, but had to move them all back to the root with the exception of the xGraph and xChart files because a lot of my libraries were missing from the libs pane.
I'm afraid that my explanation was not clear.
B4A libaries need a xxx.jar and a xxx.xml file.
For additional libraries, these must be saved in the \AdditionalLibraries\B4A folder.
B4X libraries, libraries with the b4xlib extension like the xChart.b4xlib or the xGraph.b4xlib must be saved in the \AdditionalLibraries\B4X folder.
B4X libraries don't have and need any xxx.jar nor xxx.xml file to work.
I use the B4X Help Viewer program which uses the xml files for the help information.
To be able to have a help in the B4X Help Viewer we need a xml file.
Therefore, Erel wrote a program, [Tool] b4xlib - XML generation, to generate xml files for B4X libraries, these are saved in a specific folder.
If you don't use the B4X Help Viewer you don't need the xml files for B4X libraries.

Upvote 0