Android Tutorial Modules Attributes

dclarkchem

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried every combination (and different browsers) of the above code and the Android publishing site at google.play keeps giving me this error:

You need to use a different version code for your APK because you already have one with version code 1.

This s what I have in the main module:

#Region project attributes
#VersionCode: 2
#End Region

Do I need to change the version code somewhere else?

jgmdavies

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't got time to check, but maybe the first line is case-sensitive?

#Region Project Attributes

HTH
Jim

AscySoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
So, let's say I want a "history.txt" file to be copied in Files folder before step3.
And I have a new history.txt on my hdd at "C:\Changes\history.txt" location.

Using Custom build action, how should I write the syntax?

AscySoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks.
Meanwhile I figure that if I import the text file with IDE FIles>Add File, then I could just easily edit this file from explorer/notepad and save it.
When program is compiled, the new file is correctly displayed.

Is the above procedure "wrong"? Or should I use new Custom Build Action?

JTmartins

Licensed User
Longtime User
(WHISH) Exclude from compile

I just came across a situation, where it would be very useful to have a directive to exclude a particular module from compilation.

I have lot's of code, there, that I know it's correct and fully tested, and now I'm slowly integrating that code in the main project.

I loaded it as it's easier than have 2 instances of the B4A open...But can't compile, due to several errors...which are not real errors...

I just don't want that module to be compiled...It's not supposed to.

Apparently there is no way to do that besides removing, the module...Which as not my favorite solution.

I can also comment out the lines...but then everything becomes green...a little confusing !!

Thanks

José

Last edited:

Roger Garstang

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any plans for an auto complete, so after we type the : it gives us the available options for that field? This would mostly be for the Orientations field and possibly True/False and others.

The comment line of- ['SupportedOrientations possible values: unspecified, landscape or portrait.] isn't added to existing files either, only new.

Last edited:

DouglasR

Licensed User
Longtime User
More non-BASIC to remember...oh joy.

I am becoming less and less a fan of b4a.:sign0148: Everytime I do almost anything, i have to look up how to do it as opposed to just relying on my BASIC knowledge. Maybe someone ought to write an interpreter to convert VB6 into b4a?:BangHead:

Mike Maurice

Licensed User
Longtime User
Custom Build Action fails.

#CustomBuildAction: 1, c:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin\git.exe, describe --tags>gitv.txt

The following line executes without problems --- c:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin\git.exe, describe --tags>gitv.txt

When used in a CustomBuildAction the: --tags>gitv.txt
is not passed properly to git.

Here is the error:
error: unknown option `tags>gitv.txt'

If the redirection is removed, it seems to work ok.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

Chelu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Subversion number

Can not be used with subversion number?
For example:

bishmedia

Licensed User
Longtime User
Orientation Issue

I have started a new module which opens a new activity which i want only to open in landscape, but when i add #SupportedOrientations: landscape i get an error..

B4X:
#Region  Activity Attributes 
   #FullScreen: False
   #IncludeTitle: True
   #SupportedOrientations: landscape
#End Region

Parsing code. Error
Error parsing program.
Error description: Attribute not supported: supportedorientations
Occurred on line: 4
#SupportedOrientations: landscape

How can i get a new activity window outside Main to load in Landscape only??

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…