B4J Question Monitoring App usage

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
How can i monitor the usage and data entered in my b4j app.
Can anyone point me to something? Is there a library?

Thanks

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic input/ output data generated from the use of the software/app.
For example if a user enters info in boxes, I'd like to get that data sent to me in the background after they press a certain button.
I am developing a calculator and i'd like to moniitor if its being used properly and what numbers are being entered by the users without having them submit data.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For example if a user enters info in boxes, I'd like to get that data sent to me in the background after they press a certain button.
what stops you from doing that by yourself when the button is clicked? You can collect all the Infos from the editfields and do a http call to your server sending the Infos you need to capture...
Or to write them to a log-file. Or whatever you want to do with the collected data....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've not done this before that is why i am asking for guidance and and a small example of possible.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I already told how a solution could look.
At the end it depends on your requirements.Especially regarding your Server.

I don´t see a reason for me to write an example for you (means spending my time to compensate your lazyness).

What do you need help for? Getting a Text from a Editfield?
doing a http job call?

If you just would use the forumsearch or read the Documentation (or Klaus Booklets) then there should be no open question.

The form search is working too.

Did you tried to use it before asking questions? For both you´ll find plenty of examples.

Upvote 0

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
If i knew how and where to start from, i wouldn't be asking questions. Its hard to search for something when you don't know the terminology...
Anyway, thanks for the help. I'd say though, i am not used to people in this forum calling others lazy for asking questions or inquiring... that is the point of asking questions as i understand.

Upvote 0

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can ask as many question as you like and i am here to help answering (giving the terminology).
But i do not like to spent my time to write examples if there are hundrets of examples in the forum. Even Tutorials.

I think you have a problem understanding that i have never done this before and i wasn't sure where to start from.
You could have just said, check this and this. Instead you decided to call me lazy and be rude.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you have a problem understanding that i have never done this before and i wasn't sure where to start from.
You could have just said, check this and this. Instead you decided to call me lazy and be rude.
What exactly? Data collection or even never coded before?

Oh and really thank you for not being a jackass.
Don answered you first question giving you some pointers, within the very few information you had given... You continued to ask for an example (working solution) WITHOUT even trying to get code done by yourself!
Don redirected you to the forum search, which works very well, and even mentioned Klaus's Booklets, so that you could gather code samples and adapt them to your needs... But instead, you just insisted that you "never done this before"...
and he's a jackass?
Give us your code trials, and we will gladly point you the corrections needed, but we will not do all the work for you.

Upvote 0

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
What exactly? Data collection or even never coded before?

Don answered you first question giving you some pointers, within the very few information you had given... You continued to ask for an example (working solution) WITHOUT even trying to get code done by yourself!
Don redirected you to the forum search, which works very well, and even mentioned Klaus's Booklets, so that you could gather code samples and adapt them to your needs... But instead, you just insisted that you "never done this before"...
and he's a jackass?
Give us your code trials, and we will gladly point you the corrections needed, but we will not do all the work for you.

I asked my original question because i wasn't sure where to start. There is no code to write when you don't know where to start from. I am not a programmer and don't do this for a living...

When he answered me, i started looking at what he said and explained why i asked.
When i tried to explain my question, he started calling me lazy. That's when i called him a jackass.

Maybe english isn't your or his first language, and there's definitely a cultural difference there.

I did not start insulting him, he did...

Upvote 0