B4J Question MQTT Broker DebugLog

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am using the MQTT broker in my B4J app.

I tried version 1 of the broker and then moved to version 2 (v2.02) but I am getting the same result as per below.

I am running the code:

B4X:
broker.Initialize("", 51041) 'first parameter is the event name. It is currently not used.
   broker.DebugLog = False
   broker.SetUserAndPassword("mqtt","password")
   broker.Start

I then got my Android app to connect to my B4J broker and it connected etc. However I am seeing the debug log in the logs in my B4J app.

Is there a way in stopping the MQTT logs from displaying ?

I have tried running my B4J app in the IDE in debug mode and release mode but with the same result.

If I set the DebugLog as True then I am seeing the same events in the log, so it seems that the DebugLog value is being ignored from what I can tell, unless I am doing something wrong somewhere ?

teddybear

Licensed User
DebugLog works, try to clean project . redo that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I do 'tools > clean project' it still happens. The text is in red font.

I then created a brand new project, and added the broker etc and it hasn't happened.

I then rebooted the PC (as Windows kept prompting me to do an update) and I then ran the project again afterwards but it still shows the MQTT log, but my test project it didn't.

I have just re-created my project from the ground up (as it didn't have much code yet) and it seems to be OK after adding all the code again.

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now I am seeing the DebugLog again even knowing it's set to False. (this is the new project that was working last night)

I have cleaned the project etc, but still keeps displaying.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Try to run java -jar your.jar on cmd mode, see whether the log appears

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just tried in cmd and it still logs those events even knowing debuglog is set to false.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…