Share My Creation MSMaterialDrawer - Build Navigation drawers FAST

How much time do you spend trying to create a standard navigation drawer? Trying to find the right listview, and build the correct hierarchy in the slide menu.

Well with this library you can build a drawer in 5 minutes with all the bells and whistles you need.

Compatible with 2.2 Froyo!

Works great with corwin42's AppCompat

Contains all Google Material Design icons as IconFonts!

2n1evqu.jpg

1zyj41w.jpg

huhr9u.jpg

How easy is it to build the drawer?
B4X:
    MDB.Initialize("MD")
    MDB.withAccountHeader(MaterialHeaderResult)
    MDB.AddPrimaryDrawerItem  ("Weather"  , p1.Drawable ,Null ,"99+" ,True,1, "Shows the weather")
    MDB.AddPrimaryDrawerItem  ("Insanity" , p2.Drawable ,Null ,"2"   ,True,2, "")
    MDB.AddPrimaryDrawerItem  ("Awesome"  , p3.Drawable ,Null ,""    ,True,2, "")
    MDB.AddSectionDrawerItem  ("Section"  ,True)
    MDB.AddSecondaryDrawerItem("Settings" ,s1.Drawable ,Null ,""    ,True ,3)
    MDB.AddSecondaryDrawerItem("Help"     ,s2.Drawable ,Null ,""    ,True ,4)
    MDB.AddSecondaryDrawerItem("Donate"   ,s3.Drawable ,Null ,""    ,False,5)
    MDB.AddSecondaryDrawerItem("Yo"       ,Null        ,Null ,""    ,False,6)

MD = MDB.Build

Testing the apks!
Main: https://www.dropbox.com/s/in5dsrg8hsq5050/MSMaterialDrawer.apk?dl=0
AppCompat: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1d5bd0mdr2qziax/AppCompatDrawer.apk?dl=0
Custom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmzwpvn0d6fq1l0/MSMaterialDrawerCustom.apk?dl=0

Last edited:

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
TDS, awesome work! Kudos.

However, I've got a question that may or may not be related to your examples. I'm running B4A v5 and I can't launch your projects when I hit F5 with Debug(Rapid). Is this a known issue with Material design apps perhaps? Or is this a more generic product issue? The app crashes on launch with no real log activity. If I uncheck the Filter from the log, I get far too many things that don't seem relevant to the app crashing.

The only time I faced a situation where Debug(Rapid) woun't work was when I used multi-threading in a B4A app.

Any advice?

Thanks.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just installed B4A 5 so I cannot say for sure, but im certain its not an issue with the upgrade from 4.3 -> 5.
Chances are some of the paths have changed and you are refering to a different SDK jar.
If you run with a physical USB cable you should be able to see the logs I would think.

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just installed B4A 5 so I cannot say for sure, but im certain its not an issue with the upgrade from 4.3 -> 5.
Chances are some of the paths have changed and you are refering to a different SDK jar.
If you run with a physical USB cable you should be able to see the logs I would think.
Thanks for getting back. I haven't tested it with a physical device via USB but the app seems to work well in Debug(Legacy) and Release modes. I'm using the v22 android.jar in the build settings.

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, it's just the Debug(Rapid) mode that causes issues. I think my install of B4A might have something to do with it as the #DebuggerForceStandardAssets: true project directive didn't help.

kkolle

Licensed User
Longtime User